Wei Jiang

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, November 15, 2016, 04:40:23 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

Not sure if it's been brought up before, but should third parties like Wei Jiang, who are known for what basically boils to to KO's (whether original sized, oversized or undersized) be added? They tend to make many improvements on the original mold and a lot of people consider them superior to Hasbro / Takara releases. I ask because I just received my first figure from the, the oversized Nemesis Evasion Prime, M-01B Commander.

engledogg

November 15, 2016, 07:54:30 AM Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:46:16 PM by engledogg
I have to vote no on this one.  3rd party companies skirting the IP-theft line is one thing, but companies like this...I don't think we should include those products that are blatantly using HasTak designs/molds as a base.

Now, If Wei Jiang makes original toys, not based on anything else, that's fine...those products would be okay to include in the database.

As far as KOs, in general, if we let one in, that opens the floodgates to everything from the god-awful things that Big Lots used to carry years ago in which you'd get lead poisoning just by looking at them, to the high-quality G1 KOs that even mimic every detail, down to the packaging, to the KO Smallest Transformers that you'll find on eBay.

That's not to say some things haven't slipped through the cracks...if I'm not mistaken we have the Justitoys stuff on here.  Personally, I don't think those Dinorobot items should be included in the database, as they're miniaturized versions of the Dinobot molds, but maybe they're simplified/changed enough to "count"?  I don't know...

Maybe someday these will find a place on the site, but for now, I vote that we should stick to official/"official" stuff. 

If we were to include things like this, we need to be very selective about what we would include.

MIKE
engledogg

Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Go Up