Whats going to happen..

Started by tec, October 03, 2007, 01:11:10 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tec

October 03, 2007, 01:11:10 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
When all you have for the database is lose figures?
Like say we browsed 200 pages of carded figures than we swich over to 200 pages of lose figures?

Why is there no check box for lose figures?
i find it ezer to browse the database in lose figure mode than boxed mode

shmax

October 03, 2007, 06:40:03 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Quote from: "tec"
When all you have for the database is lose figures?
Like say we browsed 200 pages of carded figures than we swich over to 200 pages of lose figures?

Why is there no check box for lose figures?
i find it ezer to browse the database in lose figure mode than boxed mode
Hmmm, good point. Someone with a box full of loose figures might not even know or recognize what sort of package the toy originally came in. Of course, each figure has a link to the package(s) that it comes in, and you could decide from there which one it is that you likely have. Is that sufficient? Otherwise, if we have separate checkboxes for both packages and figures we wind up with twisty logic to navigate, and complicate the tables. Here's my reasoning for the current system:

1. All packages contain a figure. If you own the package, you own the figure.
2. If you own the figure, but have thrown away the box, you presumably still have all the contents of the box, and for the purposes of collecting can still therefore be said to "own" that box.
3. Therefore, the checkbox belongs on the package entry.

Let's keep thinking about this--maybe we can come up with something better--but in the meantime, my advice is to go ahead and keep browsing by figure, but use the package links on the bottom of the "details" page for a figure to check which package you think it is that you bought (even if you threw it away). At some point, I plan to add the ability to select which condition the toy is in, and one of the choices will be "loose" (ie. MISB, NIB, Loose).

Sounds good? In the meantime, I'm working on the wish list...

- shmax

Go Up