previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tusko

tusko

tusko

tusko

Tripredacus

I have MP Thundercracker on layaway.

I put up shelves you know, but haven't been taking pictures. Well this is some.

Misc shelf by Tripredacus, on Flickr

Which looks okm its just misc stuff I'm putting up top. My original idea was to have a boxed specimen, and two loose items. One in robot mode, one in vehicle mode. I'm having some second thoughts (coupled by my original idea to sell some TFs) since the idea of the display isn't working out as I envisioned. Its not particularly not enough room, but that the loose ones may/can obscure the boxed items. Here is an example:

Ravage by Tripredacus, on Flickr

tusko

Happy Halloween!!

tusko

SoS

Yours pics are looking better and better Tusko. Keep up the good work.

--SoS

Antron007

Yours pics are looking better and better Tusko. Keep up the good work.

--SoS

Yes yes, I agree. Tusko, are you submitting pics for the site yet? What's your set up like?

I made a light box, and got some lights. Ive done some test shots and am not too happy with them.
I'm sure I probably need better bulbs for my lights but I think I may need a better camera also.

What kind of camera are you using? how many megapixels  is it? What kind of bulbs are you using? What are the watts on them?

I have alot of items I can submit to this site I just need better quality pics. I got stuff still in packages that we're missing and I have alot of opened items that we need pics for. as well as weapons and instruction sheets. Just so much stuff but I cant get my pics right. I'm very familiar with photoshop so if I can just get some slightly better pics I'll be able to start submitting them.

tusko

November 13, 2012, 10:21:29 AM Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:50:02 AM by tusko
Thank you all for the kind words!

Antron007, I made my "light box" out of a couple of sheets of white poster board (construction paper) on my old drafting table.  (so its inclied a few degrees.)  I used 1 halogen overhead desklight, and two 100W incandescent desk laps for the kinda overhead/side lighting.  That's why I have a million shadows.

I am using a FinePix F300EXR point and shoot.  I find the white balance is the most important feature, its about 15MP.

My pictures are heavily post processed.  I'm slowly learning to get rid of that washed out look.
Thank you for the kind words.

Antron007

Thanks for the info. It helps confirm one of my theories, I need better lights. ;-)

tusko

shmax

The subjects are nice and sharp, but you've still got those darn shadows shooting everywhere (and it looks like you're doing a lot of Photoshop work--once you get in the zone, all you should be doing is tweaking the levels/exposure/brightness). Suggestion: use a more powerful bulb overhead, and tone back the ones on the side. Also, are you using an enclosed tent?

tusko

tusko

My first transforming robot:

Gobot Spay-C

Go Up