Pics of US MP Soundwave!

Started by Antron007, March 04, 2013, 02:57:38 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tusko

I'm excited for this release!  The figure looks amazing and I like the yellow eyes!

Now I hope distribution is good enough in Canada so that its available at retail.

shmax

What's the deal with the cassette guys with little cannon arms? I went to look them up in our db to see what they are, but didn't find anything...

tusko

I believe the arm cannons are their pile drivers for causing earthquakes.
Those are Rumble and Frenzy.
http://www.shmax.com/part_details/3601/frenzy
http://www.shmax.com/part_details/3602/rumble

shmax

I was more interested in the mechanics of the toy--do the arms bolt-on after transformation? Are they indeed cassettes, or are they the battieries, or something weird like that?

tusko

They have "normal arms" and battery attachments that become the pile drivers.

Or at least that's my understanding.

Antron007

Im not sure but it looks like the cannons slide over and cover the forearm. /-8-\  ][-8-][. The drivers look slotted tip to tail on the side facing in. There may be more or less to it but that's my guess from looking at the pics.

triKlops

Definitely looking forward to this guy being available.
My wallet is going to hate this year it seems like.

tusko

This is not a hobby for the wallet loving.
There is a mutual exclusivity agreement.

Phantom Dusclops

I was more interested in the mechanics of the toy--do the arms bolt-on after transformation? Are they indeed cassettes, or are they the battieries, or something weird like that?

Brief description:

The piledrivers are usually slotted as a single battery thingy. It can be attached to the side of Soundwave in tapedeck mode using the sensor piece as a plug, on Soundwave's arms in robot mode as cannons (kinda like Prime Bumblebee's ones) or on Frenzy/Rumble's back as jetpacks. They also store their shoulder guns. But they can be detached and slotted over their arms (after rotating them horizontaly with exposed shoulder balljoints and with the elbows bent upwards) to do the piledrivers.

Tripredacus

If I find these tape mans, I will use the layaway again! (Maybe)

Also those pics look like renders.

Antron007

Any news on  release date? I've heard Metroplex is slated for August in the US. But nothing on MP SW. Those are the two must haves for left me this year. I want the IDWs and the "Target master" legions but  I won't cry if I happen to miss out on them.

Antron007

UPDATE ON MP SOUNDWAVE: Available at Toys R us . com  July 18th. No preorder that I'm aware of.

triKlops

Go Up