What is Transformers 2010?

Started by Tripredacus, December 04, 2012, 07:12:49 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

Yesterday I tried to modify a record for Steeljaw because I noticed it was listed in the Transformers 2010 category.
http://www.shmax.com/product_details/2168/steeljaw

There is a problem with this category because in the US section, Transformers (2010) is a category for predominantly "Universe" type releases. Now I realised after the fact that the main difference is that the US category has the parentheses.

Transformers 2010, or Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformer 2010 is the name of the 3rd TF cartoon season as it was released in Japan. But as far as the toys go, unlike the Scramble City, Headmasters, etc, 2010 is not actually reflected on the package.

So my vote is to consider taking the items that are in the Transformers 2010 category and just put them in Transformers, especially to make sure there isn't a confusion with the similarly titled category that appears for other countries. My attempt was Transformers > Japan > Generation 1 > Cybertrons.

What are your thoughts?

engledogg

December 04, 2012, 07:47:03 AM Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:05:26 AM by engledogg
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fight%21_Super_Robot_Lifeform_Transformers_2010_%28franchise%29

Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers 2010 (戦え!超ロボット生命体 トランスフォーマー 2010 Tatakae! Chō Robotto Seimei Tai Transformers 2010) is the title given to the 1986 Transformers line in Japan.

The entire line...not just the cartoon series.

Yep, Transformers (2010) is something totally different than Transformers 2010...one with the date in parentheses (I recall a thread about why this date inclusion was necessary, given the messiness that was that line, and unless we wanted all the subcategories as stand-alone, top-level lines, inclusion of 2010 in parentheses was the best solution to that nonsense) in the U.S. and elsewhere and one with 2010 as part of the title proper, occurring only in Japan.

I don't think anyone will confuse the two...especially given the 24 years that have lapsed between the two lines. :)

Or, to make things really easy, we rename the Japanese line "Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers 2010"...or, we rename Transformers (2010) to "Transformers (2010 toyline)".

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

I know the wiki says this, but the toys don't. But then again even the wiki shows a disambiguation about the two different ones. I guess I'm just being nitpicky about it. We can leave it the way it is I suppose.

Antron007

2010-2013 is how I see it on the sales sites like bbts. There's also an acronym used alot also.

Its GRU..... something. I can't remember exactly off the top of mY head but it stands for generations,reveal the sheild, universe ... ect

When I get a chance ill update this.

shmax

I'll stay out of it other than to mention that we do have the ability to provide alternative search keywords for each category.

Tripredacus

Its GRU..... something. I can't remember exactly off the top of mY head but it stands for generations,reveal the sheild, universe ... ect

CHUG

Classics
Henkei! Henkei!
Universe
Generations

I typically like to follow what the actual packaging says, but for here it should be a more widely accepted method. Since TFWiki seems to be the reference for all things Transformers, following their example would probably be best.

Go Up