Items in collection that aren't toys

Started by Tripredacus, July 18, 2011, 12:44:38 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

July 18, 2011, 12:44:38 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
My sig has shown me something that makes me want to ask some questions.

The number of figures, which is related to the Shmax ranking, and also it shows up in the sigs, etc. Now I know there are two different numbers: Total items and Total figures. Since you can have multiple figures in an item and that's fine.

However, the part of the sig that has the rarest, or no other collector has this "toy" comes up for Skywarp Numeral Candle. So since we've started adding artifacts to the site, are these actually being counted as a figure? Both for the Shmax ranking or whatever else?

Only asking because the Skywarp candle isn't a toy, and as such shouldn't count as a figure, BUT does count as an item. Not sure how to relate this properly, maybe you figure out what I'm getting at.

engledogg

July 18, 2011, 01:33:50 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
"Toy" in this instance, basically means product record.  The Skywarp Numeral Candle is a toy, Ultimate Bumblebee is a toy, the Freeway Brawl multipack is a toy, and so on.  

The Skywarp candle itself isn't classified as a figure, but as a piece of merchandise, just like anything else that would fall under this category (not a figure or an accessory).

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

September 26, 2011, 12:44:21 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Admittedly it's all a little confusing. Recently, Spaceharfang has done some work on the ranking system, and I believe that the "rank" you see in your sig now coincides with your position in the "Top Collectors" list as computed at the root of everything. The "most rare" computation doesn't care whether the item in question contains a figure or not, though maybe it should. Or we could do both. I have no idea, but we're continuing the work on rank and fun facts, and so we'll just have to see where everything leads...

Go Up