Started by shmax, February 16, 2012, 08:35:24 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

What should we use for the bot shots?

The white-on-white ones?

SoS

I guess so that would work.

If it were my choice, I'd prefer to use one symbol per factions/sub-groups across all lines. But I know I'm in the minority when it comes to that.

--SoS

shmax

I guess so that would work.

If it were my choice, I'd prefer to use one symbol per factions/sub-groups across all lines. But I know I'm in the minority when it comes to that.

--SoS

Granted, that would make our lives easier, but really?

SoS

It's just my personal preference. However, that does not mean I don't love the history of packaging symbols/faction guide. I just get annoyed when a symbol seems to be "hard-coded" into the line and we get this type of result: Elita-1. When in fact, she should have a symbol the Classics symbol. For toys like that, we should at least have an option to change or choose the "correct" toyline symbol. It's a bit messy in Timelines when it comes to the faction symbols.

Didn't mean any offense, and hope it was not taken that way.

--SoS

shmax

It's just my personal preference. However, that does not mean I don't love the history of packaging symbols/faction guide. I just get annoyed when a symbol seems to be "hard-coded" into the line and we get this type of result: Elita-1. When in fact, she should have a symbol the Classics symbol. For toys like that, we should at least have an option to change or choose the "correct" toyline symbol. It's a bit messy in Timelines when it comes to the faction symbols.

--SoS

You're a mod! You have full access to the faction tools. If that symbol for Elita-1 is not correct, you can fix it. In fact, I'd love it if you guys would take over on that stuff. I'm way too busy with features, and I don't know what I'm doing, anyway. Also, Spliffdizzle is getting pretty good at creating the artwork as needed. Talk to Engledogg for details, and away you go.

Hellscream333

--SoS

You're a mod! You have full access to the faction tools. If that symbol for Elita-1 is not correct, you can fix it. In fact, I'd love it if you guys would take over on that stuff. I'm way too busy with features, and I don't know what I'm doing, anyway. Also, Spliffdizzle is getting pretty good at creating the artwork as needed. Talk to Engledogg for details, and away you go.

This! I see stuff that's jacked all the time. I just fix it.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13</a>

engledogg

February 19, 2012, 03:54:56 PM Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:08:11 PM by engledogg
This! I see stuff that's jacked all the time. I just fix it.

Yes...something simple, an easy fix.  This?  Nope, not at all.  This isn't an instance of changing a Starscream figure that's incorrectly marked "Autobot" to "Decepticon" or even adding the proper symbol/image to the database. 

To put the correct symbol (the Classics symbol) requires an override at not just the product level, but at the figure level, something we don't have at the moment.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

SoS

Bump

What Mike said. Anyway to have an override to put the correct symbols on certain figures/records?

--SoS

Go Up