Faction symbol on Prime RiD Voyager Thundertron

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, November 16, 2012, 07:13:52 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

November 16, 2012, 07:13:52 AM Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:15:24 AM by spliffdizzle
Not sure what the faction is called (Star Seeker?), but here's what I could do for the faction logo short of re-drawing it in Illustrator  ;)

It's a close up picture of one of the tampo'd symbols on his flank i alt mode. The symbol printed on the box is obviously better but is slightly overlapped by the product shot. If you want I can take and PS that one to add the missing/overlapped details...

SoS

Yep, it's Star Seekers. I actually have a symbol made with PS.

--SoS

shmax

Looks pretty good! I think what I did for the other similar cases (where the logo was white, or there wasn't really a clear shot available on the packaging) was take a hi-res scan from the packaging and trace it in Illustrator, as you suggest. From there you can import it into PS and make the drop-shadow (and keep it around in case it ever pops up again in a different color). I can take a crack at it if you can provide a hi-res scan of the box side (it seems to have an un-obscured rendition of the symbol). Otherwise, we can see about using the one you provide here.

Actually, it's been quite a while since I've done any faction work. Are we missing any others?

Go Up