Canadian DOTM at US Retail

Started by Tripredacus, March 17, 2013, 11:47:30 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

Going through my backlog for additions, I noticed that an item I bought at US Retail is actually a Canadian product. The one in question is DOTM Major Sparkplug and Autobot Whirl:
http://www.shmax.com/product_details/8911/major_sparkplug_and_autobot_whirl

I purchased this at Ollie's. Should I add it to my collection and add my US price paid, or should I modify the record to add a release country?

I don't know what the release date is (I could just use the Canadian one) and also wouldn't know the MSRP. The price tag says the "their price" is $15.99 and the actual price is $7.99 but I don't know if "their price" is the Canadian MSRP or the MSRP of the US equivalent.

engledogg

Ha, yep I picked up the same figure from Ollie's.  They had a bunch of others before Christmas and I thought they'd eventually get cheaper once the holiday was over.  The next time I went, they were completely cleared out except for two Whirls.  On my last trip to Ollie's a few weeks ago, I finally picked one up.

Yeah, you would add it to your collection with your US price paid, just like if you bought something from Japan from BBTS.  MSRP in Canada for Basic HA was $12.99 CAD, so we've got that covered.

Speaking of such things, I found a European-carded DotM Laserbeak at Family Dollar last year for $5.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Antron007

It seems that family dollar used to get tis specifically. For them now they just seem to get overstock.

Go Up