[RESOLVED]Feature Request: Show missing pieces from collection

Started by shesmovedon, May 18, 2013, 04:14:57 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shesmovedon

May 18, 2013, 04:14:57 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:35:53 PM by shmax
Forgive me if I just do not see this option but it would be great to show what is missing from my actual collection. I know I can go the to "Missing from Your Collection" section but that shows all the toys I don't have in my collection. What I would like to see is all the accessories and paperwork missing from the toys that I do have.

For instance, if I have G1 Optimus Prime, I might be missing the fuel hose, a fist, and the instructions. It'd be cool if I could print something out to take to a convention (CybCon!) so I can more easily look for what I might be missing for everything that I already have. I guess, the simple way of saying this is a list of incomplete figures.

I hope this makes sense. If it already exists I'd love to know how to get to the information.

Thanks again for the great collection site!

Tripredacus

Its actually a good idea.

shmax

I'll see what I can come up with once the bugs die down a bit.

shmax

You'll now find a "parts I'm missing" option in the "Show only" drop-down on the download collection page. Hopefully it's what you're looking for. Don't say I never did nothin' for ya. Enjoy!

shesmovedon

Thank you so much! But it doesn't seem to work too well  :-[ It's not capturing most of what I have missing from my collection (instructions, bits, etc).

BUT, on the plus side, I noticed that if I download a "what I own" collection, you already have a column for "Missing Parts". That works well enough for me and seems to capture all the stuff missing from within my collection. I can sort that column in Excel/Google Sheets and work from there.

It would be really cool to have a list I could look at from my cell/ipad while on the move. Here's my three concepts of what I think could work well:
1. Just like you can get to your wishlist really easy, it'd be nice to have a dynamic, sortable list of missing bits.

or

2. When viewing my collection, on the left side of the page is two main headings for "All Toylines" and "All Countries". It'd be cool to have maybe another category for "Missing from Your Actual Collection" which I could then sort in all the usual Shmaxy ways.

or

3. From the "Missing From Your Collection" page, a toggle/tab (or whatever) to switch between EVERYTHING missing from your collection vs. everything missing IN your collection.

I think 3 is probably the best of my ideas.

I hope that's helpful. Regardless, I'm thrilled with Shmax as is now. Thanks again!

shmax

Tell ya what, let's start by working the kinks out of the current missing-parts functionality. I have a button that recomputes missing part percentages for collected items, and I just pressed it. Does your downloaded list look a little more like what you would expect at this point?

shmax

Bump. Is the missing parts option working better now for the downloaded collection?

Go Up