Transformers G1 Titan Guardians in AOE/2014 trade dress packaging

Started by NicholasPrime, October 28, 2014, 04:29:40 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

NicholasPrime

So I was in Kohl's today, and I found (most of) a set of the G1 Titan Guardians figures (previously released in that SDCC 5-pack). They're essentially loose vinyl figures with hang tags poked into their backs (like a plush would have). I found Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream, and the hang tag lists Bumblebee and Shockwave(!!!), with a sticker crossing out Grimlock (?) and Wheeljack. So, I guess that's four confirmed, two likely produced, and two unproduced. They were all piled in a tray together with the already listed in the database Beast Hunters Titan Guardians.

My question is, since the hang tags are 2014 trade dress, do they go in the Age of Extinction > Robots in Disguise > Titan Heroes > Guardians category? Because what is listed so far is, I believe, a different scale and all movie based. I was going to add them, but I didn't want to misplace them. Also, can anyone confirm Bumblebee and Shockwave, since they weren't part of the 5 pack?

engledogg

So that's where those ended up...I'll have to check out Kohl's soon.

The AoE Titan Guardians are those huge things, so I don't think they'd go there.

I'll create a new category here, soonish and you can dump 'em there.  Oh yeah, is "Titan Guardians" anywhere on the packaging?  I've also seen them referred to as "Titan Warriors".

If we go with "Titan Warriors", that would make things much easier.

MIKE
engledogg

Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

NicholasPrime

The hang tag is no help whatsoever. UPC, asst info, copyright stuff, individual character names, but no assortment name. Maybe on the shipping case, but it's not like I can get a hold of that. And, nothing on their website. I just checked the 93 Transformers listings they did have. "Warriors" it is, I suppose.

engledogg

http://www.shmax.com/products?q_filters_toyline=4857

We can always move it/rename it/whatever later.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

NicholasPrime

Cool, I'll get those figures submitted in a little bit. Thanks!

Go Up