skrapnel variant?

Started by AlterNations, January 20, 2015, 04:39:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

AlterNations

Hey, I have a Generations Skrapnel & Reflector and the Reflector figure differs from the photo of the figure. Is that because the photo in the database is the stock photo, or do I have something different? I have no idea if others have had this issue, and I think I'm not alone...

Tripredacus

I can find no "in-hand" version of Skrapnel that shows Reflector in the package as it does in the stock photo. I would say the stock photo is showing a prototype and doubtful that it was ever released that way.

I'd recommend that someone upload an accurate photo of the front of the package on that entry:
http://www.shmax.com/product_details/13424/skrapnel_reflector

engledogg

January 21, 2015, 08:02:23 AM Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:09:21 AM by engledogg
Yeah, there are several stock photos floating around out there that don't exactly match the appearance of what was actually released.  Off the top of my head, the Hasbro stock photo that shows AoE deluxe class Autobot Drift with his swords positioned in an entirely different configuration was never released that way.

I'll echo what trips said above; user-submitted, "in-hand", actually-photographed-by-the-user photos are what we're looking for on the site.  We generally use stock photos as a "last resort" as they sometimes just look...unnatural and, like in this instance, they simply do not reflect what one would find at retail.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

AlterNations

Thanks boys... now I can open him, cuz I didn't want to if he was super special. I would take the pics for stuff like this, but I lack the equipment and wherewithal plus time...

Go Up