Quakewave stands

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, May 06, 2015, 06:01:01 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

So I just got both versions of the Quakewave stand made by Heirofthedog1 on TFW. Should these be things in the database? They weren't sold at any retail location that I know of so I'm guessing not, but they are super high quality and very nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7E_tgHE8_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLBIBVhBdao

Spiff-O-Matic

Anyone? SoS? Dogg? Bueller?

engledogg

I'm probably not the guy to ask, so maybe SoS will chime in on this.  I don't think something like this should be included (at this point, anyway) as this seems to be just one guy cranking these out, making it too much like a garage kit or something.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

triKlops

Understandable however, if garage kits are an issue wouldn't that eliminate groups like Renderform?
I think it should be added to let the group of collectors who own this a chance to add this to their online collection.
Only my opinion and whatever decision Shmax makes, i will stand by that.

engledogg

Like I said, I'm not the guy to ask, haha.  My knowledge of this stuff is very limited, unfortunately.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Spiff-O-Matic

I wonder if maybe the limitation should be, "Were they sold at some retail establishment?" If yes, then list. If no, then don't. That's why Renderform and Nonnef can be listed. The bases were not as far as I know.

shmax

I wonder if maybe the limitation should be, "Were they sold at some retail establishment?" If yes, then list. If no, then don't. That's why Renderform and Nonnef can be listed. The bases were not as far as I know.

The question I prefer to ask: "Do people collect, value, and want to track these?" But I'm not responsible for the non-trivial chore of maintaining the ever-growing data set, so I leave it to the mods.

SoS

Ah, I figured we would come to this at some point. Renderform, to me, toes the line between "garage kit" and a full-fledged 3rd Party company close enough to be in the database.  Plus, as it's already been mentioned, one of the requisites should at least be the fact that it's sold or has been sold through the usual online retailer channels.

So I believe we should leave these types of items out of the database for now, at least. I mean, I would love to add things like Trent's awesome Battle Beat items through Shapeways, SkyQuake's awesome IncrediPlugs used for CW to Energon figure interaction, heck even Cheetimus' insanely cool custom figures, but that's not technically what we have come to call "3rd Party", at least not yet. As 3D printing technology becomes more easily, affordable, and available to consumers, we are bound to reach a point where your average joe will be able to easily mass produce items such as these and sell it on a website set up through Squarespace or something similar.

--SoS

Spiff-O-Matic

Cool, thanks guys. I have the pics done anyway, so if they are added at some point I'm ready to submit them.

Go Up