New sig!

Started by shmax, June 01, 2008, 07:18:01 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

June 01, 2008, 07:18:01 AM Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:48:27 PM by shmax
You can use this sig on any forum that allows use of html, and the "object" and "embed" tags. Don't worry, you don't have to know anything about it, just go to this link and cut and paste away (you have to be logged in):

http://www.shmax.com/Sig_Help/

Thanks to Tec for the suggestion to include the wishlist. Let me know if any of the rest of you have suggestions for it.

- shmax

Chaotic Descent

June 01, 2008, 11:14:30 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Chaotic Descent
Quote from: "shmax"
You can use this sig on any forum that allows use of html, and the "object" and "embed" tags. Don't worry, you don't have to know anything about it, just go to this link and cut and paste away (you have to be logged in):

http://localhost/Sig_Help/

Thanks to Tec for the suggestion to include the wishlist. Let me know if any of the rest of you have suggestions for it.

- shmax
...... localhost? The link doesn't work.
also, your sig is now a blank border. No series or numbers listed in it. :>

Huh. Well I found the link for "Your Dynamic Signature" in the database section, and that one works.

Heheheh. Looks like it will need some tweaking, both the database and the signature.
First, it can't distinguish between MISB items and loose items, so it thinks my most valuable item is my G1 Jetfire.
Second, it says Ricochet is the most common since 2 other people own it. WHAT??? That can't be right. That's the most common item? No way. I've seen pages where more than 3 people have complete sets, so that has to be wrong.

shmax

June 01, 2008, 05:57:59 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Quote from: "Chaotic Descent"
...... localhost? The link doesn't work.
also, your sig is now a blank border. No series or numbers listed in it. :>
Whoops! Fixed, sorry about that...

Huh. Well I found the link for "Your Dynamic Signature" in the database section, and that one works.

Heheheh. Looks like it will need some tweaking, both the database and the signature.
First, it can't distinguish between MISB items and loose items, so it thinks my most valuable item is my G1 Jetfire.
Yeah, but there are plans in the works to expand the collection system, so you'll be able to tag your toys as "loose", or "Misb". That feature should be appearing in a few weeks.

Second, it says Ricochet is the most common since 2 other people own it. WHAT??? That can't be right. That's the most common item? No way. I've seen pages where more than 3 people have complete sets, so that has to be wrong.
A bug? You found a... a bug?! It can't be! *sniff* My, my first bug! I mean they try to warn you about this in nerd school, but when it finally happens...

Just kiddin', yeah, I'll take a look this evening. Did I do anything
right?[/i]

shmax

June 02, 2008, 04:28:42 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Fixed! Good eye, thanks much.

'nok

October 19, 2008, 10:08:13 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 'nok
My new sig is just a blank box, it shows up that way here and in my dynamic signiture page, the old style looks fine though, but hey if you're going to gloat why gloat a little, go all the way use the flash sig, witch as i said isn't working. Please fix it. Thank you
'nok
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=224" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=224</a>

shmax

October 20, 2008, 02:25:33 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Turns out the culprit was the apostrophe in your name. You'll have to remove it. Just kidding, I tweaked the code so it no longer chokes on single apostrophes. Seems to be working, now. Enjoy.

Max

Quote from: "'nok"
My new sig is just a blank box, it shows up that way here and in my dynamic signiture page, the old style looks fine though, but hey if you're going to gloat why gloat a little, go all the way use the flash sig, witch as i said isn't working. Please fix it. Thank you
'nok

'nok

October 20, 2008, 07:43:50 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 'nok
sweet, Thanks
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=224" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=224</a>

Chaotic Descent

June 06, 2009, 12:54:10 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Is there any way to turn these damned things off?!?! they keep freezing my browser!
edit: Whew! it took me a while to find the user control panel. luckily turning off flash stops it. I don't know why, but on my system (Ubuntu OS, Firefox browser) too many of those windows just stops me from being able to do ANYTHING. Can't scroll, can't click, can't close windows. I close the tab that the forum is on, and yet Firefox is still frozen. Closing Firefox doesn't actually close it. It's horrible.

shmax

June 06, 2009, 05:54:34 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Is there any way to turn these damned things off?!?! they keep freezing my browser!
edit: Whew! it took me a while to find the user control panel. luckily turning off flash stops it. I don't know why, but on my system (Ubuntu OS, Firefox browser) too many of those windows just stops me from being able to do ANYTHING. Can't scroll, can't click, can't close windows. I close the tab that the forum is on, and yet Firefox is still frozen. Closing Firefox doesn't actually close it. It's horrible.
You're saying that the Flash-based signature is crashing your Firefox browser? I'll have to look into that when I get a chance, but I don't know if there's really anything I can do. Thanks for the heads up, though...

Go Up