signature organization

Started by Lumpy, April 06, 2009, 10:57:05 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Lumpy

April 06, 2009, 10:57:05 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
is it possible to have the signature organized in a different way? it seems very random the way its done now (unless i'm just missing something) how about organizing by series, in alphabetical order? or if not that, maybe by the year the toyline started?

also, shouldn't the japanese series be listed seperately? they just show up as beast wars on the sig...which is confusing since its the same as the american beast wars...maybe it could be broken by series? or at least say japanese beast wars?

shmax

April 06, 2009, 07:22:38 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I'll see what I can do! But in return, you have to submit something to the site! A UPC, a release date, a price, a photo, ANYTHING! And then talk two of your pals into doing the same thing. ;)

Quote from: "Lumpy"
is it possible to have the signature organized in a different way? it seems very random the way its done now (unless i'm just missing something) how about organizing by series, in alphabetical order? or if not that, maybe by the year the toyline started?

also, shouldn't the japanese series be listed seperately? they just show up as beast wars on the sig...which is confusing since its the same as the american beast wars...maybe it could be broken by series? or at least say japanese beast wars?

shmax

April 06, 2009, 10:06:56 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Now showing a little country delimiter. After that I believe it's sorting by the order in which the category node was added to the system. Not sure. Would alphabetical be better, or are we cool with just the country names?

Lumpy

April 07, 2009, 07:17:38 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
i dig the country organization, but i'd still love an alphabetical listing. and i can totally supply some pictures of loose toys. but not until next week when i'm back in town. but then i can take some and submit them for sure. and about that two friends thing, i can try...but my friends don't have good cameras...but maybe i can go take pics of their figures...

shmax

April 07, 2009, 07:43:12 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I'll have to work on it--it's one of things that's curiously more difficult than it sounds. As for submissions, I wasn't necessarily mooching for photos alone (though yes, I am always mooching for photos), but really any piece of information we're missing. Check out the "How can I help?" link...

i dig the country organization, but i'd still love an alphabetical listing. and i can totally supply some pictures of loose toys. but not until next week when i'm back in town. but then i can take some and submit them for sure. and about that two friends thing, i can try...but my friends don't have good cameras...but maybe i can go take pics of their figures...

mikeyfuzz

April 07, 2009, 07:25:26 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Great update shmax.  This site is getting better everyday.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=372" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=372</a>

shmax

April 08, 2009, 05:07:40 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Thanks Mikey! Stay tuned, we're just getting started.

I've rewritten the signature generator, and it should now be listing by country, and then toyline, in alphabetical order. Enjoy!

Quote from: "mikeyfuzz"
Great update shmax.  This site is getting better everyday.

Lumpy

April 08, 2009, 09:53:55 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
wow, thanks man. that looks really cool...i really love this setup...just hate all the stupid variants that have been released...its driving me nuts...oh well... :)

shmax

April 08, 2009, 09:58:58 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
We'll get to sorting those out! It's actually sort of the last huge update to the overall system I have planned, but there are a few smaller ones I want to sort out before I tear everything apart. Hang in there with us, and everything will eventually be groovy...

wow, thanks man. that looks really cool...i really love this setup...just hate all the stupid variants that have been released...its driving me nuts...oh well... :)

Go Up