Photo of the Day: October 24th, 2009

Started by shmax, October 25, 2009, 12:08:08 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

October 25, 2009, 12:08:08 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Error: Unknown photo idNot too many people are aware that I'm interested in toy customization, but I thought I'd share this photo of a classics Mirage I've been working on. Changing the blue to a matte black was fairly straightforward , but what you're probably more interested in is the striking translucent effect. I achieved this by first soaking the toy in a mixture of vinegar, acetone, and grape soda for 10 hours, then baking it under an ultraviolet light until the desired translucency was achieved. Just kiddin'--this is the exclusive Electro Disruptor Ligier from Japan. Hellscream333 won this in the September Photo Contest, and was good enough to supply us with a few photos. You know, now that I think about it, someone should really try the thing with the vinegar. I mean, with enough vinegar and UV light, something's gotta happen. Even if it didn't turn translucent, maybe it would get all rubbery in the vinegar, like a chicken bone. Now remember, this is something you should really do with adult supervision--even if you're an adult yourself--because if there's one thing adults like doing, it's watching other people do bizarre things with toys in the kitchen.

Go Up