Photo of the Day: November 10th, 2009

Started by engledogg, November 10, 2009, 04:19:52 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

engledogg

November 10, 2009, 04:19:52 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Courtesy of Hellscream, today's subject is the Revenge of the Fallen figure, Arcee.  I don't know about you, but it looks like Arcee could stand a visit to a chiropractor - seems she's suffering from some sort of Energon-scoliosis.  I know they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it could be argued that is just an ugly figure.  Well, let's not say ugly - how about we say the transition from preliminary sketch art to actual toy did not perhaps go as planned?  Of course, this is all a matter of opinion, as it has been said that one man's trash is another man's treasure.  Over the years, though, I think we can all agree that there have been a few aesthetically-questionable figures released.  Injector (see yesterday's Photo of the Day) comes to mind...as does Geckobot.  But in this humble contributor's opinion, these two pale in comparison to and no other bot will ever approach Generation 1 Wheelie in terms of poor execution.  I may be a bit biased because I grew up knowing that they killed off Prowl, one of my favorite TFs ever...to indirectly make room for this guy.  Wheelie looks NOTHING like his cartoon representation, and even if we didn't have something to compare his figure to, he's just ugly.  Those skinny chicken legs and weird moon-pie face certainly don't help.  He was a tough little bugger, I'll give him that - you don't survive on a planet all by your lonesome without being resourceful and a survivor.  Thank goodness, however, that today's generation of Transformer fans have a Wheelie they can be proud of - one that is nice-looki-....whoops.  Seriously, though, I'd take the tough-talkin', leg-humpin' Wheelie over "Captain Rhyme Time" any day.
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Go Up