Could we...or am I the only one who may care?

Started by ReverendNash, August 01, 2008, 08:02:47 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

ReverendNash

August 01, 2008, 08:02:47 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ReverendNash
I was wondering if there would be a way to look up who had what, without looking through each and every collection?

ex. In the sig feature, it says that 1 other person has a Japanese #16 Megatron, it would be cool to know who, for no good reason other than my own curiosity? What do you say?

shmax

August 01, 2008, 11:08:19 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Do you mean you want a list of names, or do you just want to see some figures, like "32 users have Nemesis Prime in their collection"? That would be fairly easy. Someone else a while back asked if it would be possible to tag various toys in your collection as being "for sale" or "for trade"--I'd like to do some of that kind of thing, but it's a tall order and will have to sort of evolve over time. The first step is to rework the collection system to be a little more robust, which is definitely a high priority task, but I wouldn't expect to see that for several months. Stay tuned!

Quote from: "ReverendNash"
I was wondering if there would be a way to look up who had what, without looking through each and every collection?

ex. In the sig feature, it says that 1 other person has a Japanese #16 Megatron, it would be cool to know who, for no good reason other than my own curiosity? What do you say?

ReverendNash

August 04, 2008, 07:57:07 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ReverendNash
Quote from: "shmax"
Do you mean you want a list of names, or do you just want to see some figures, like "32 users have Nemesis Prime in their collection"? That would be fairly easy. Someone else a while back asked if it would be possible to tag various toys in your collection as being "for sale" or "for trade"--I'd like to do some of that kind of thing, but it's a tall order and will have to sort of evolve over time. The first step is to rework the collection system to be a little more robust, which is definitely a high priority task, but I wouldn't expect to see that for several months. Stay tuned!
Actually both would be really nice. Not only a "32 users have this," but perhaps make that 32 the link to the list of collectors who do have it.

Defensis Prime

August 04, 2008, 11:13:38 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Defensis Prime
I think we'd probably wanna make it clear that such info is NOT to be used to carpetbomb owners with PM requests to sell that toy, tell me where you got yours for how much, et cetera et cetera blah blah blah.
--Defensis Prime: Psychotic Completist®
Scourge of the Retailworld, Harbinger of Full-Shelf Doom
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=4</a>

Go Up