Integrate more with forum accounts?

Started by Tripredacus, October 30, 2012, 01:54:15 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

Is it possible to integrate forum accounts with site accounts a little more? For example, If i go to someone's forum profile, it might be interesting or handy to have a link in there to that member's collection or want list.

For me at least, it seems my shmax ID and my forum ID are the same, but I don't know if that is true for everyone.

tusko

I'm happy to have my details generally available, but I don't like the thought of random people rummaging through my collection.
Maybe wants list, but even then,  I'm a private, insular ol' hermit and would like permission setting options to let others peruse my humble collection of junk toys.

Tripredacus

I'm happy to have my details generally available, but I don't like the thought of random people rummaging through my collection.
Maybe wants list, but even then,  I'm a private, insular ol' hermit and would like permission setting options to let others peruse my humble collection of junk toys.

That's even better actually. Making it an option to turn it/what things to be set public...

But even now, I don't think you need to be logged into the site to see other peoples' collections at least.

shmax

That's even better actually. Making it an option to turn it/what things to be set public...

But even now, I don't think you need to be logged into the site to see other peoples' collections at least.

Interesting, this is the first time I've ever had someone ask that their collection be hidden. I can tell you that I've got a brand-shiny-new profile page waiting to deploy that combines your wishlist, collection, watchlist, and other fun toys. I suppose it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to ensure that only logged-in members can view one's collection, but that would sort of break all those signatures out there that encourage random folks to view it. Maybe a preferences setting is the way to go. Let's revisit the idea once I launch the new profile page. Whaddya say?

Go Up