Item search terms

Started by Tripredacus, December 07, 2012, 04:00:06 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

Searching for Grotesque only returns this item:
http://www.shmax.com/product_details/2179/grotus

Searching for Grotusque shows both the US one as well as the Japanese one. Can someone add Grotesque as a search term for the US one as well? I didn't see a way to add search words in the Modify record page.

shmax

Searching for Grotesque only returns this item:
http://www.shmax.com/product_details/2179/grotus

Searching for Grotusque shows both the US one as well as the Japanese one. Can someone add Grotesque as a search term for the US one as well? I didn't see a way to add search words in the Modify record page.

It would be awesome if someone besides 'ol Engledogg and I learned how to do this. On the modify page, look for the "eBay search terms" widget. You can then use eBay search syntax to express what you want to do. In this case, you want to match "grotesque" or "grotusque", so you would enter this:
(grotusque,grotesque)

There's a brief tutorial of how to use this syntax here.

engledogg

December 07, 2012, 06:18:50 PM Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:48:10 PM by engledogg
I'm surprised that a search for Grotesque turned up anything. 

The figure's name is Grotusque, so I'm not sure we'd need the extra search term.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

I'm surprised that a search for Grotesque turned up anything. 

The figure's name is Grotusque, so I'm not sure we'd need the extra search term.

MIKE
engledogg

Certainly no harm in adding it, and it's always good to account for obvious typos, common errors, and misspellings  (like we sometimes do for tripredacus/tripledacus, sideswipe/side swipe), particularly when eBay is involved (although a search for "grotesque" on eBay didn't turn up anything).

Tripredacus

It would be awesome if someone besides 'ol Engledogg and I learned how to do this. On the modify page, look for the "eBay search terms" widget.

That widget does not appear for me. Is it possible that only admins and mods can see it?

shmax

It would be awesome if someone besides 'ol Engledogg and I learned how to do this. On the modify page, look for the "eBay search terms" widget.

That widget does not appear for me. Is it possible that only admins and mods can see it?

Ah, right you are, and fixed. Thanks much.

Go Up