[RESOLVED]Forum treating Sig Pic like other Pics.

Started by Antron007, February 10, 2013, 03:18:55 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Antron007

February 10, 2013, 03:18:55 PM Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:33:44 PM by shmax
On shmax.com forums, when I go to click the signature to view my collection, it opens the image magnifier. PC FireFox and Chrome. I haven't tried it in another forum yet. I'll add to this later.

[edit]They seem to work fine on seibertron.com[/edit]

shmax

On shmax.com forums, when I go to click the signature to view my collection, it opens the image magnifier. PC FireFox and Chrome. I haven't tried it in another forum yet. I'll add to this later.

Is this a new behavior, or was it always like that?

Antron007

I honestly don't know. There's plenty of ways to see collections and such through all of the other menus and options so I've never tried using the sig links on this forum.

Tripredacus

Is this a new behavior, or was it always like that?

I seem to recall this happening when you switched to SMF, or shortly after. There was a bug reported regarding how the forum handled images in signature or maybe even avatar.

shmax

Update on this: I spent an hour on this and got nowhere! Will mull it over for a few days and try again.

Antron007

Thanks for the effort and update. ;)

shmax

Tried again. Failed again. :( See, the trouble is that I'm trying to do this without hacking apart the forum code, which I didn't write. The more modifications you make to a package like this the more hassle it will be when you try to upgrade. So, I'm trying to use their integration hooks, but they don't provide me the full freedom to do what I want. Tomorrow: hacka hacka.

Tripredacus

Even though this is deprecated, maybe looking at the code can give you another idea?

Prevents lightbox from affecting images linked to page/urls
Disabled Lightbox2 for signature images and Smilies

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1019

shmax

Even though this is deprecated, maybe looking at the code can give you another idea?

Prevents lightbox from affecting images linked to page/urls
Disabled Lightbox2 for signature images and Smilies

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1019

Hah, yeah, I found that one last night. This guy doesn't bother with integration hooks, and just tears into the template, adding javascript files as necessary. I'll be doing the same sort of thing tonight. Thanks, Trip.

shmax

Attempt #3: success!

Tripredacus

Go Up