Searchy Thingy Idea(y)

Started by Transfotaku, December 07, 2008, 07:35:58 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Transfotaku

December 07, 2008, 07:35:58 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Dunno if this is currently possible with the last batch of search upgrades or not, or possible with minor tweaks, but, here's an idea...

Cybertron toys are pretty good, and are a big part of the Universe toyline. But, there's a good amount in the Movie packaging! Those dirty cheaters!

Plus there's all the Armada repaints in Energon, and Energon repaints in Cybertron, and Armada repaints in Cybertron, and so on...

So my question/idea is: Can it be possible to search for molds originating in other toylines within a different toyline's search parameters? IE, can I go to the Movie search, and look for just molds that originated from Cybertron? Or go to Universe (2003) and look for Armada molds? Etc.

shmax

December 07, 2008, 07:49:05 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
As a matter of fact, you can already do this! Here are all movie toys that originated from Cybertron:

http://www.shmax.com/search/4041?search ... h&browse=2

I did this by:
1. Going to advanced search, and using the "Toyline/Class" widget to "lock" my browse results to "movie".
2. In the results, clicking on the "mold" mini-tab over on the left
3. and finally, browsing my way to "Cybertron".

Voila!

Max

Quote from: "Transfotaku"
Dunno if this is currently possible with the last batch of search upgrades or not, or possible with minor tweaks, but, here's an idea...

Cybertron toys are pretty good, and are a big part of the Universe toyline. But, there's a good amount in the Movie packaging! Those dirty cheaters!

Plus there's all the Armada repaints in Energon, and Energon repaints in Cybertron, and Armada repaints in Cybertron, and so on...

So my question/idea is: Can it be possible to search for molds originating in other toylines within a different toyline's search parameters? IE, can I go to the Movie search, and look for just molds that originated from Cybertron? Or go to Universe (2003) and look for Armada molds? Etc.

Transfotaku

December 07, 2008, 07:59:47 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Wicked. You already beat me to what I thought was a good idea. Darn you! ;)

Go Up