Suggestions and observations

Started by Mumps, April 08, 2009, 01:53:39 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mumps

April 08, 2009, 01:53:39 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
First of all, I'd like to start by saying that I love this site, it's a great idea to keep my collection organized without having to make up an excel document myself. Also a great way to flex my nerd muscle on any forum (is that a good thing?  haha)  8)

One thing I might suggest, how about mass editing of my collection?  I read somewhere on here that you used to have the retail price for figures as the default "price paid". While it is a good idea to make it 0, as a lot of figures are bought on ebay, or conventions, or garage sales, or whatever, it would still be a good idea to have a "retail price" option. Cause I can only remember the retail price for figures in the last few years, what with them all being standard basic, deluxe, mega, ultra, leader and supreme. If I were to have paid for, say, 90% of my figures at retail price, I think there should be an option for "all figures bought at retail" and then the 10% others can then be edited indevidually, instead of 100% indevidually.

Another note on the mass editing.  All of my figures are loose, all my figures are free (to collect dust), except 1. But the default setting for them is SEALED. An option for "All Sealed" and "All loose" would be great.

There is also some confusion over figures packaged in multi-packs, such as Micromasters. I can't figure out how to select indevidual figures. I have a lot of Micromasters, but most of those were bought indevidually.  I don't have all 3 from each set. Sometimes I have 3, sometimes 2, sometimes 1.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to select indevidual components of a figure such as other figures, or parts or whatever.

Now, if any of these features are on the site, umm...  whoops! I must not be looking hard enough  :oops:

Thanks for taking the time to read my very long post!

engledogg

April 08, 2009, 04:50:22 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Quote from: "Mumps"
One thing I might suggest, how about mass editing of my collection?  I read somewhere on here that you used to have the retail price for figures as the default "price paid". While it is a good idea to make it 0, as a lot of figures are bought on ebay, or conventions, or garage sales, or whatever, it would still be a good idea to have a "retail price" option. Cause I can only remember the retail price for figures in the last few years, what with them all being standard basic, deluxe, mega, ultra, leader and supreme. If I were to have paid for, say, 90% of my figures at retail price, I think there should be an option for "all figures bought at retail" and then the 10% others can then be edited indevidually, instead of 100% indevidually.
All the retail prices are there...you'll just have to fill 'em in yourself.  The default prices were causing problems for people in other countries.  Although...that would be a good idea and would potentially save you a bunch of time.  But, then again, you also have to consider that just because you got them at the store, those prices won't necessarily match up to retail.  Just from store to store, retails prices don't always jive.

Quote from: "Mumps"
There is also some confusion over figures packaged in multi-packs, such as Micromasters. I can't figure out how to select indevidual figures. I have a lot of Micromasters, but most of those were bought indevidually.  I don't have all 3 from each set. Sometimes I have 3, sometimes 2, sometimes 1.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to select indevidual components of a figure such as other figures, or parts or whatever.
All you have to do is navigate to the multi-pack that you own and click the 'Add to my collection' link.  The default will be MOSC/MISB.  To change that, choose 'loose' for Current Condition'.  Once you do that, the contents will be editable.  Just click (or unclick) the parts you have or the parts you're missing.

Here's an example:

http://www.shmax.com/package_details/18 ... Rod_Patrol

You would add these guys to your collection, choose 'loose' as Current Condition.  Once you do that, the Checklist portion will become active.  Now, say you only have Hubs and Big Daddy...by default, all the little guys have x's by them.  To remove those x's, all you have to do is click on Greaser and Trip-Up to deselect them.

Same process to select parts, instruction booklets, etc.

Hope this helps!

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Mumps

April 09, 2009, 09:28:34 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Quote from: "engledogg"
All the retail prices are there...you'll just have to fill 'em in yourself.  The default prices were causing problems for people in other countries.  Although...that would be a good idea and would potentially save you a bunch of time.  But, then again, you also have to consider that just because you got them at the store, those prices won't necessarily match up to retail.  Just from store to store, retails prices don't always jive.
Anything earlier than...  RiD I could not tell you how much I paid for it, so an averaged "retail" price would be good enough for me. I am not super picky on seeing exactly how much I've spent over the years :wink:

Quote from: "engledogg"
All you have to do is navigate to the multi-pack that you own and click the 'Add to my collection' link.  The default will be MOSC/MISB.  To change that, choose 'loose' for Current Condition'.  Once you do that, the contents will be editable.  Just click (or unclick) the parts you have or the parts you're missing.

Here's an example:

http://www.shmax.com/package_details/18 ... Rod_Patrol

You would add these guys to your collection, choose 'loose' as Current Condition.  Once you do that, the Checklist portion will become active.  Now, say you only have Hubs and Big Daddy...by default, all the little guys have x's by them.  To remove those x's, all you have to do is click on Greaser and Trip-Up to deselect them.

Same process to select parts, instruction booklets, etc.

Hope this helps!

MIKE
engledogg
It does help, thanks! Hopefully I have time to update this over the weekend,  haha

Go Up