Forums suggestions

Started by Hellscream333, July 22, 2009, 03:09:31 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Hellscream333

July 22, 2009, 03:09:31 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Some of this is just to get a hard reminder for it on the board and some is just other stuff I've thought about or had presented to me:

-Would be nice to be able to have avatars available. I know it's totally cosmetic but an avatar is like a public face which makes communication a little easier and more fun.

-Is there a rhyme or reason to the way the board organizes threads? Regardless, it'd be great if the most recently responded to threads get bumped to the top of their particular forums. This makes things easier to view when trying to stay on top of recent issues and replies. As things are now it's pretty hard to navigate for current/recent replies in most threads. This is especially true for some of the more populated forums. The idea here is the same as when a new thread is made. That new thread appears on the top of the forum. Let me know if I need to elaborate on this more.

-(Similar to the last one) Any chance of getting an 'Active Topics' button? This would display the most recently active threads regardless of their forum in the same view. TFW has this set up as 'New posts' and the Allspark has 'View New Posts'.

I'm sure some of this will need clarification as I am admittedly not the most eloquent of typists.

Okay, I'm out of ideas at the moment but if anyone else has any feel free to add to this thread.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13</a>

shmax

July 28, 2009, 09:23:40 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Okay, so we got the avatars sorted out. I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the recent threads getting bumped to the top of the forum. Aren't they already doing this?

And I'll look into the "active topics" thing.

Quote from: "Hellscream333"
Some of this is just to get a hard reminder for it on the board and some is just other stuff I've thought about or had presented to me:

-Would be nice to be able to have avatars available. I know it's totally cosmetic but an avatar is like a public face which makes communication a little easier and more fun.

-Is there a rhyme or reason to the way the board organizes threads? Regardless, it'd be great if the most recently responded to threads get bumped to the top of their particular forums. This makes things easier to view when trying to stay on top of recent issues and replies. As things are now it's pretty hard to navigate for current/recent replies in most threads. This is especially true for some of the more populated forums. The idea here is the same as when a new thread is made. That new thread appears on the top of the forum. Let me know if I need to elaborate on this more.

-(Similar to the last one) Any chance of getting an 'Active Topics' button? This would display the most recently active threads regardless of their forum in the same view. TFW has this set up as 'New posts' and the Allspark has 'View New Posts'.

I'm sure some of this will need clarification as I am admittedly not the most eloquent of typists.

Okay, I'm out of ideas at the moment but if anyone else has any feel free to add to this thread.

Hellscream333

August 01, 2009, 01:45:33 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Quote from: "shmax"
Okay, so we got the avatars sorted out. I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the recent threads getting bumped to the top of the forum. Aren't they already doing this?

And I'll look into the "active topics" thing.

Quote from: "Hellscream333"

OKay, for instance; I just made this post in this thread. By doing so this thread should be on the top of the forum. However this does not actually happen. Only new threads appear on the top, not new posts.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13</a>

Hellscream333

August 01, 2009, 01:49:36 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I guess, to me more clear seeing as how this was the last thread created in this forum - Were I to create a brand new thread, that thread would appear on top which is fine. But if after that I make a post in this thread this thread should (but won't) appear above the thread that was created prior to this. I dunno, that still seems confusing to me. If you don't get it hit me up on Chat and I'll try to explain better in real time.

engledogg

August 01, 2009, 03:46:01 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
HS,

I just posted in another thread (Individual Micromasters) with a "Test" post, and it got bumped to the top of the topics in this forum.  Now, if it works again, this post should show up above my last one.

You've gotta scroll down a bit to find the Topics...the threads up towards the top are all 'Announcements', but the thread bumping seems to be working fine.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Go Up