Photo of the Day: August 15th, 2009

Started by shmax, September 16, 2009, 12:52:33 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

September 16, 2009, 12:52:33 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
On some days I praise the merits of a toy, and on others I pick one to point and laugh at. Look at today's photo, courtesy of Hellscream333, and see if you can guess which direction I'm going to go in. Oh yes, gaze upon it. I mean what has happened to Star Wars toys today? It's bad enough that the movies became absurdly stiff and wooden, but did the toys have to follow suit? Heck, the toys we had back in the 80's may not have had the benefit of today's modern manufacturing technology, but they were still better than this. They had detail, great articulation, and in the case of Boba Fett, a little peephole in the back of the helmet, a cloth cape and a backpack-mounted grappling hook launcher. But this toy looks like it has about as much range of movement as a wedding cake topper, which is not only more delicious, but--whoops, hang on, I've just received an instant message informing me that this toy is actually only a minor accessory to a much more sophisticated toy, and is only about an inch tall. Er, b-but it still, you know, it--hang on, I may have to start over on this...

Choking hazard! This toy is a terrible choking hazard! One minute you're sitting there in your pajamas wolfing down your Cookie Crisp with this tiny little part sitting in front of the fan on the shelf behind you, and the next thing you know you're strumming a tiny plastic harp in Hasbro heaven. You couldn't choke on one of those giant AT-AT's, no sir.

Go Up