Photo of the Day: September 23rd, 2009

Started by shmax, September 23, 2009, 04:05:39 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

September 23, 2009, 04:05:39 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
"Hey Shmax", you ask, "what are Cyber Keys, and how have they enriched our lives?"  The answer to that question is a fascinating one, but unfortunately I have no idea what it is. As I understand it, you insert one of these keys into a toy from the Cybertron line, and it suddenly springs apart or ejects missiles and internal organs all over the room, which is exactly the kind of thing I used to have nightmares about, but I'm told that it's actually a very fun gimmick as long as you don't have a weak heart, or a house cat. Hellscream333 has been on a roll with Cyber Key photos lately, and today's specimen depicts the one that came with Japan's Dark Fang Wolf, which is not to be confused with its North American Counterpart, the one that came with Leobreaker and has a Cyber Code on it, which is not be confused with the one that came with Backstop, which looks the same but has a different code and shouldn't be confused with--look, I could go on all day like this, but I'm confused. Suffice it to say that there are enough Cyber Keys floating around out there in the wild to form the basis of their own collection hobby (albeit a pretty dull one). Heck, as of this writing this particular mold has been used to produce 26 distinct keys from various toylines, in various colors with various codes, and there are 141 keys, total. Good times, Hasbro. Because we here at shmax.com love to obsess over the mundane stuff that no one else could possibly be interested in, we're determined to collect photos of them all. So dig in those drawers and hunt in those closets, folks, there's still a week of contest left, and keys definitely count!

Go Up