Photo of the Day: October 19th 2009

Started by engledogg, October 19, 2009, 10:48:14 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

engledogg

October 19, 2009, 10:48:14 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Error: Unknown photo idToday, Hellscream provides us with a great shot of the recently-released Perceptor Commemorative Series reissue, a slightly "neutered" version of the original Perceptor (the launching mechanism in his missile launcher is now removed/disabled).  A mold originally borrowed from the Takara Micro Change line, Perceptor transforms into a "working" (let's just say you're not going to be seeing any quarks or hadrons using this guy) microscope- a fact personally used by me, to justify his purchase to my Mom back in 1985.  "But Mom, it's educational!  He turns into a microscope...see?  See?  Think of all the things I'll be able to look at.  Bugs, leaves, slides...pleeeease?"  Needless to say, I got him, but if memory serves, neither a filthy bug nor a gross leaf ever got within 50 feet of him.  With a solid bot mode, fairly-realistic microscope mode, and a bonus tank mode, Perceptor quickly became one of my favorite TF figures, and, because of his cartoon appearance, favorite TF characters of all time.  In the never-ending war against the Decepticons, the super-strong, super-powerful, and super-tough bots were always featured, receiving all the glory, and not much was heard about the non-combat guys - those that were "behind the scenes" strategizing, researching, and planning.  When Perceptor showed up, it was refreshing to see someone who didn't fall into the "over-the-top, macho, guns-a-blazin' bot" category, yet still played a vital role in the struggle by using his brain, not his brawn.  Speaking of Brawn...he was one of those tough guys, and we all know what happened to him.  So does Perceptor...who do you think performed Brawn's autopsy?
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Meewash

October 20, 2009, 09:54:16 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Ah yesss, I will be getting Pereptor very soon. He's such a nice bloke. It's a pity he doesn't have mouth. I wish they had removed the plate. Anyway, he'll be mine soon. In the meantime I got another commemorative reissue release - the Insecticons. :)

Go Up