Photo of the Day: February 7th, 2010

Started by shmax, February 07, 2010, 11:49:55 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

February 07, 2010, 11:49:55 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Folks, this is a big day. I'm sure both our readers have been wondering whatever became of the photo of the day posts. If you think it's because I'm completely out of ideas for them, then well, you're absolutely right. But I wouldn't have had time to do them anyway, as I've been working on the new, long-promised private virtual server setup for the site. In fact, if you're reading this post then you're looking at the new site. Ain't it purty? So does this mean that all the performance problems the old site suffered from have gone the way of Laser Rods and Robot Points? I can tell you with absolute confidence that I have no idea. We can only hope. But the important thing is that we have more control over things now, so any further problems should be easier to sort out. And if we ever get to the point where we have more than 3 users and a search-bot on the site at the same time, we can always upgrade again to a dedicated server. If we still have trouble after that, I'm going to give up on doing a web site and just run everything through the mail, like fantasy baseball. But back to today's photo. Hellscream333 is at his finest with this picture of Fire Shorts Megatron, from the ever more colorful Alternity line. Hellscream333 actually provided a series of shots of this toy, making this our very first full-fledged gallery. And finally, now that the new site is ready, we're going to start gearing up for the next photo contest. We're shooting for March 1st, so if you haven't already built your box, then get busy with the tape, foam core, and glitter glue.

DJkevintron

February 11, 2010, 09:29:53 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
The changes have improved site navigation and loading by a large amount for me.  Thank you for all your hard work and I look forward to the photo contest!

<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=985" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=985</a>
...almost done cataloging....

shmax

February 11, 2010, 06:14:12 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Really? Well, awesome! Have any of you other wallflowers noticed an improvement?

Go Up