Edit/update

Started by Betsumei, June 23, 2008, 11:21:54 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Betsumei

June 23, 2008, 11:21:54 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Betsumei
I'm a bit new here, but I've spotted a few figures that have something up, but it's incomplete (Warpath the movie scout doesn't have his bio listed, for example) or the picture is of an incomplete specimen (G1 Ultra Magnus is missing all accessories, including the fists, for example). I'd love to update them (Warpath's packaging is on my desk, and G1 Ultra Magnus is sitting at home waiting for baby to sleep long enough for me to snap some photos) but I can't see the button on figures that already have data included. Is this normal (i.e., new users can't update existing content) or should I be submitting a feature request for such a button?

Thanks!  :D
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=125" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=125</a>

shmax

June 23, 2008, 04:08:35 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
For now, once a record has been "approved", only moderators can do further updates. This will change one of these days, but it will require some serious coding--it's something I've been trying to get around to for about 6 months, but you know how it goes. If you have a lot of these kinds of updates you want to do (bios and whatnot), I might be able to set you up with a limited moderator account, and you can go to it--PM me if you want to discuss it. Otherwise, just post your info here in the forum and I'll take care of it (be sure to post a link to which item your info goes with). As for replacing existing photos, why don't we wait until the contest is over before we get into that? Otherwise I'll have Engledogg and Defensis Prime bugging me to delete the entire database. =) The focus of this contest is to try to fill in gaps in the database. For the next contest I plan to rewrite the photo system such that anyone can add additional photos to any record without blowing away existing photos (and photos judged as being better than the existing photo will be tagged as the new main photo), and then you can really go to town. As for Ultra Magnus, I happen to have tons of photos of him, so I put up an alternaste form photo that shows him with his trailer. Better?

Quote from: "Betsumei"
I'm a bit new here, but I've spotted a few figures that have something up, but it's incomplete (Warpath the movie scout doesn't have his bio listed, for example) or the picture is of an incomplete specimen (G1 Ultra Magnus is missing all accessories, including the fists, for example). I'd love to update them (Warpath's packaging is on my desk, and G1 Ultra Magnus is sitting at home waiting for baby to sleep long enough for me to snap some photos) but I can't see the button on figures that already have data included. Is this normal (i.e., new users can't update existing content) or should I be submitting a feature request for such a button?

Thanks!  :D

Betsumei

June 23, 2008, 05:45:00 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Betsumei
Quote from: "shmax"
For now, once a record has been "approved", only moderators can do further updates. This will change one of these days, but it will require some serious coding--it's something I've been trying to get around to for about 6 months, but you know how it goes. If you have a lot of these kinds of updates you want to do (bios and whatnot), I might be able to set you up with a limited moderator account, and you can go to it--PM me if you want to discuss it. Otherwise, just post your info here in the forum and I'll take care of it (be sure to post a link to which item your info goes with). As for replacing existing photos, why don't we wait until the contest is over before we get into that? Otherwise I'll have Engledogg and Defensis Prime bugging me to delete the entire database. =) The focus of this contest is to try to fill in gaps in the database. For the next contest I plan to rewrite the photo system such that anyone can add additional photos to any record without blowing away existing photos (and photos judged as being better than the existing photo will be tagged as the new main photo), and then you can really go to town. As for Ultra Magnus, I happen to have tons of photos of him, so I put up an alternaste form photo that shows him with his trailer. Better?
Much nicer. :P Being that he's my oldest toy (released the same year I was, as it happens), I'm a bit of a fan of ol' Ultramag.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=125" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=125</a>

ReverendNash

July 18, 2008, 08:26:04 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ReverendNash
The listings for the 2 different WST Hot Rodimus' have the pictures backwards, and one of the 2 versions should be listed as part of wave 2.5 instead of as an exclusive.

Defensis Prime

July 18, 2008, 10:27:25 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Defensis Prime
Fix has been made.
--Defensis Prime: Psychotic Completist®
Scourge of the Retailworld, Harbinger of Full-Shelf Doom
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=4</a>

ReverendNash

July 18, 2008, 01:27:32 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ReverendNash
The "Mission Combination" section should actually be "Operation Combination," and should be a subdivision under the Japanese Generation One section, it was the final Japanese G1 series.

ReverendNash

July 18, 2008, 01:29:00 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ReverendNash
Nevermind the previous comment, my bad, a few of those listings should be deleted, and the other few moved. But...what was Mission Combination?

shmax

July 18, 2008, 05:39:23 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Hmmm, looks like we have some redundancy going on. I have no idea where I got "Mission Combination" from, but apparently it's another possible translation of "Gattai Daisakusen", the more common one being "Operation: Combination". Given that, do any of your recent submissions need to be deleted? Once we clear out the old "Mission Combination" category we can delete it.

- shmax

Quote from: "ReverendNash"
Nevermind the previous comment, my bad, a few of those listings should be deleted, and the other few moved. But...what was Mission Combination?

Betsumei

July 19, 2008, 08:46:56 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Betsumei
Spotted another bad pic...

http://www.shmax.com/Package_Details/2403/Starscream

Universe 2.0 Legends Starscream has Red Alert's package picture. Takes the Robots in Disguise thing to a whole new level.

kenucme

August 03, 2008, 06:50:04 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by kenucme
Two of the Hard Hero Busts under this category need a fix.

North America > Busts & Statues > Hard Hero > Busts

Both have the Manufacturer listed as Hasbro instead of the proper Hard Hero.

Wheeljack:

http://www.shmax.com/Package_Details/2887/Wheeljack

Ironhide:
http://www.shmax.com/Package_Details/2886/Ironhide
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=159" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=159</a>

engledogg

August 03, 2008, 08:21:55 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by engledogg
Good eye...I entered those listings before we had Hard Hero Enterprises as an available manufacturer and forgot to change them.

Whoops.  :)

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Chaotic Descent

September 21, 2008, 04:27:00 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Chaotic Descent
I have some packaging info.
at least you have UPC / bar codes for PVC act 3-10. I have act 2.
I'm not sure what the numbers are called. One's under the bar-code, inside the box the bar code is in, but the other one... is above it, outside of the box, but still seems to be important. It's between the bar code and the product name.
Also, the spacing on your UPCs is different... I couldn't tell if there was a space after the first number, but there was a more noticeable space before the last number, which is the opposite of what's in the database right now. *shrug*
Sorry, no PVC wave 1 boxes. still looking for my MyClone wave 2 boxes. I've got some other stuff to dig through as well.

corrections:

Also, act 1, 2, & 3 aren't listed as ¥480. Every one of the general release PVCs cost the same amount.

Act 2 > Color "Convoy (cab w/ trailer)" is the only act 2 figure with the packaging image. Since they're all the same, it should just be copied.

Also, I see that this site is packaging-centric, and doesn't list "build-a-figure"s, other than in every entry for that act. (I find that amusing, since if the individual boxes are listed as for sale separately, that doesn't guarantee someone has the build-a-figure. It seems to be a side-effect of a packaging-centric database, since the figure doesn't have it's own dedicated packaging.)

Ok, until there's a way to list figures separate from packaging, there's still an error that Star Saber is shown as Victory Saber with his bonus armor on him. While the armor isn't a separate figure, the right hand and weapon are completely replaced, so both versions should be shown, not just one.

MyClone wave 3
648277-8053546-480
bar code: 4904880 54466 0

Takara PVC

wave 10
648277-8027481-480
bar code: 4904880 54215 4

wave 9
648277-8027389-480
bar code: 4904880 53896 6

wave 8
648277-8027298-480
bar code: 4904880 53607 8

wave 7
648277-8048113-480
bar code: 4904880 53346 6

wave 6
648277-8046797-480
bar code: 4904880 53045 8

wave 5
648277-8045653-480
bar code: 4904880 52710 6

wave 3
648277-8045446-480
bar code: 4904880 52586 7

wave 2
648277-8041799-480
bar code: 4904880 52350 4

shmax

September 22, 2008, 10:25:05 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Thanks for the information, CD. Moderators, can you guys take care of this stuff? I could look into it myself, but it'll probably have to wait until after I finish the new collection system.

Quote from: "Chaotic Descent"
I have some packaging info.
at least you have UPC / bar codes for PVC act 3-10. I have act 2.
I'm not sure what the numbers are called. One's under the bar-code, inside the box the bar code is in, but the other one... is above it, outside of the box, but still seems to be important. It's between the bar code and the product name.
Also, the spacing on your UPCs is different... I couldn't tell if there was a space after the first number, but there was a more noticeable space before the last number, which is the opposite of what's in the database right now. *shrug*
Sorry, no PVC wave 1 boxes. still looking for my MyClone wave 2 boxes. I've got some other stuff to dig through as well.

corrections:

Also, act 1, 2, & 3 aren't listed as ¥480. Every one of the general release PVCs cost the same amount.

Act 2 > Color "Convoy (cab w/ trailer)" is the only act 2 figure with the packaging image. Since they're all the same, it should just be copied.

Also, I see that this site is packaging-centric, and doesn't list "build-a-figure"s, other than in every entry for that act. (I find that amusing, since if the individual boxes are listed as for sale separately, that doesn't guarantee someone has the build-a-figure. It seems to be a side-effect of a packaging-centric database, since the figure doesn't have it's own dedicated packaging.)

Ok, until there's a way to list figures separate from packaging, there's still an error that Star Saber is shown as Victory Saber with his bonus armor on him. While the armor isn't a separate figure, the right hand and weapon are completely replaced, so both versions should be shown, not just one.

MyClone wave 3
648277-8053546-480
bar code: 4904880 54466 0

Takara PVC

wave 10
648277-8027481-480
bar code: 4904880 54215 4

wave 9
648277-8027389-480
bar code: 4904880 53896 6

wave 8
648277-8027298-480
bar code: 4904880 53607 8

wave 7
648277-8048113-480
bar code: 4904880 53346 6

wave 6
648277-8046797-480
bar code: 4904880 53045 8

wave 5
648277-8045653-480
bar code: 4904880 52710 6

wave 3
648277-8045446-480
bar code: 4904880 52586 7

wave 2
648277-8041799-480
bar code: 4904880 52350 4

Defensis Prime

September 23, 2008, 11:38:06 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Defensis Prime
The 'under the bar code' one is the true Universal Product Code, which is what we want. Ya run that thing over a scanner, that number is what's encoded in the lines. The arabic digits are there for us morons what can't read lines...y'know, just a hair under 100% of Earth's population. :D

Spacing's absolutely unimportant. In fact, I gotta wonder, Shmax, why we even bother with spacing or hyphens on the package pages. Thankfully, it's SO unimportant that we don't really NEED to do anything about it.
Maybe in a coupla years when you've got five minutes to spare... :D :D :D

Also, I see that this site is packaging-centric, and doesn't list "build-a-figure"s, other than in every entry for that act. (I find that amusing, since if the individual boxes are listed as for sale separately, that doesn't guarantee someone has the build-a-figure. It seems to be a side-effect of a packaging-centric database, since the figure doesn't have its own dedicated packaging.)
I think we decided to table that bit for the time being, but the chase buildabot pieces will probably be accounted for in parts tracking. Somehow. Some way.

We do get headaches here, all in our quest to help you, the fine friendly users here, keep track of your 'bots. :D

If you're talkin' about these two...
SCF Victory Saber, pewter
SCF Victory Saber, color
...the VS parts are the 'stars' of those figure detail listings. One pic shows what they are, the other shows how they're implemented (I was responsible for those, and...the pile of parts by itself just looked unimpressive). The Star Saber figures have their own FD listings, so his right hand/saber aren't necessary for inclusion. If those WEREN'T what you're on about, well, dangit, you gotta be more specific, and point us to which one/s you mean. Copy the shortcut/s.
--Defensis Prime: Psychotic Completist®
Scourge of the Retailworld, Harbinger of Full-Shelf Doom
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=4</a>

Chaotic Descent

October 01, 2008, 04:27:39 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Chaotic Descent
Quote from: "Defensis Prime"
The 'under the bar code' one is the true Universal Product Code, which is what we want. Ya run that thing over a scanner, that number is what's encoded in the lines. The arabic digits are there for us morons what can't read lines...y'know, just a hair under 100% of Earth's population. :D
So what about the other number? What is it? Is that not worth keeping track of?

I noticed, for example, that on American TF products, there was a number that changes slightly even on different PARTS of the packaging of the same product. like the card back, and bubble insert. I could be wrong, but I thought someone was actually using those numbers online at some point. I think it's prefixed with a "P/N".

ah, fascinating stuff.

Also, I see that this site is packaging-centric, and doesn't list "build-a-figure"s, other than in every entry for that act. (I find that amusing, since if the individual boxes are listed as for sale separately, that doesn't guarantee someone has the build-a-figure. It seems to be a side-effect of a packaging-centric database, since the figure doesn't have its own dedicated packaging.)
I think we decided to table that bit for the time being, but the chase buildabot pieces will probably be accounted for in parts tracking. Somehow. Some way.

We do get headaches here, all in our quest to help you, the fine friendly users here, keep track of your 'bots. :D
I guess it's pretty unlikely at this point in time that there's any use for the information of what pieces came with which figures. not that it was much use even when people were still collecting them, since they're blind-packed.

If you're talkin' about these two...
SCF Victory Saber, pewter
SCF Victory Saber, color
...the VS parts are the 'stars' of those figure detail listings. One pic shows what they are, the other shows how they're implemented (I was responsible for those, and...the pile of parts by itself just looked unimpressive). The Star Saber figures have their own FD listings, so his right hand/saber aren't necessary for inclusion. If those WEREN'T what you're on about, well, dangit, you gotta be more specific, and point us to which one/s you mean. Copy the shortcut/s.
I mean Star Saber is not pictured, only the upgraded Victory Saber. and I don't know what a FD listing is.

ah well. guess I'm just getting anal retentive.

Go Up