Edit/update

Started by Betsumei, June 23, 2008, 11:21:54 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Defensis Prime

October 01, 2008, 05:39:01 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Defensis Prime
Quote from: "Chaotic Descent"
So what about the other number? What is it? Is that not worth keeping track of?
At LEAST not until we find out what it is, then we can decide if it's track-worthy. As is, package-to-package, the UPC rules all, and if that number serves a similar function, it's probably not necessary. Cross that bridge...

I noticed, for example, that on American TF products, there was a number that changes slightly even on different PARTS of the packaging of the same product. like the card back, and bubble insert. I could be wrong, but I thought someone was actually using those numbers online at some point. I think it's prefixed with a "P/N".
Part Number, yeah. I don't recall if anyone's been making use of them online. We MAY do so at some point, because it's a nice, catalogueable bit that identifies packaging changes. Depending on how long you've been collecting, the first wave of basic and deluxe Transmetals2 might sound familiar to you in this context. The switch between using 'II' and '2'? Those had different part numbers for the cardbacks (and I'm pretty damned sure, the bubble-front labels, too, though there's no way of tracking that, because any P/Ns they might've had were probably on the label 'frames'). Thus, the 'II's had P/Ns that ended in .00, the '2's in .01. These days, Hasbro's omitting the decimal and printing a ten-digit string, and changes to a toy's package (or cardboard insert, or instructions, or whatever), are noted in the last four digits (0000, 0100, so on). Nice and quantifiable.

ah, fascinating stuff.
Only if you're as nuts as we are.

I guess it's pretty unlikely at this point in time that there's any use for the information of what pieces came with which figures. not that it was much use even when people were still collecting them, since they're blind-packed.
True. Once we go parts-happy, it may not be much of an issue then, either, with what's in mind.

I mean Star Saber is not pictured, only the upgraded Victory Saber. and I don't know what a FD listing is.
ah well. guess I'm just getting anal retentive.
You said it, bub, not me. :) I wuz getting tired of typing 'figure detail', is all. Pay it no nevermind. Like I said, you're going to have to point out which one you're talking about.
--Defensis Prime: Psychotic Completist®
Scourge of the Retailworld, Harbinger of Full-Shelf Doom
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=4</a>

Go Up