What are you playing now?

Started by shmax, July 07, 2011, 10:51:44 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SoS

Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. Replaying both game from the beginning once again. Just because of one damn decision I made during Mass Effect 2 that had an some consequences I did not want/agree with in the third game.

--SoS

shmax

Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. Replaying both game from the beginning once again. Just because of one damn decision I made during Mass Effect 2 that had an some consequences I did not want/agree with in the third game.

--SoS

Ha, I was planning on doing that--somehow I got to ME3 and realized that I let Tali die somewhere along the way, and was thus denied the mega-happy ending. I was actually going to do all 3 games over, but that might be overkill.

SoS

--SoS

Ha, I was planning on doing that--somehow I got to ME3 and realized that I let Tali die somewhere along the way, and was thus denied the mega-happy ending. I was actually going to do all 3 games over, but that might be overkill.

Well I guess I overkilled it. :) I beat ME1 a few weeks ago.

--SoS

shmax

Just finished Dead Space 3, which I thought was good, but not as tightly paced as Dead Space 2. Next up: Metal Gear: Revengeance...

Antron007

I've actually been playing FOC the past couple of days. Just trying to get those last few achievements.  I dig Fruit Ninja for Kinect alot though. I may start playing Halo again. I think I may be behind on my spartan ops missions.

engledogg

Lego Batman 2

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

engledogg

Fall of Cybertron, the newest Transformers game.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

February 21, 2013, 09:38:25 AM Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:41:19 AM by shmax
My quick review of Revengeance: pretty lame, so far. You go in expecting Metal Gear, but what you get is Bayonetta (of course, if Bayonetta is what you like, then you're all set). It's all overblown cinematic histrionics with incomprehensible action gameplay. It's just too fast--your character has something called "Ninja Run", which is supposed to be some sort of amped-up parkour thing, but he just blurs over everything so fast that you don't get the sense that you are really needed for anything. You could replace him with Sonic the Hedgehog and none would be the wiser. And why do all Japanese animators insist that super bad-ass heroes must sprint bent-over? I guess it looks good on the box cover, but anyone who has ever watched the Olympics (or um, gone outside to play) knows that sprinters run bolt upright. It wouldn't be so bad if "Raiden" didn't dart around at mach 3, but with him zig-zagging in tight little circles it just feels awkward and looks ridiculous.

On the plus side, the cinematics are fairly short.

shmax

Antron007

FOC

Whoza? Whaza?

Ah, silly me. So how is it?

It's almost there. I personally have been waiting for that perfect synergy of modern technologies meet G1. The game play and controls have been evolving for the better as the line progresses. Way better than the movie based games. And the Multiplayer is pretty fun. I don't know how many people are still playing it online lately, I've been working on campaign based achievements. All and all. I really enjoy it.

KidTDragon

Just started playing Chrono Cross for the first time. I figured twelve years is enough time to wait.
<br />

shmax

Just started playing Chrono Cross for the first time. I figured twelve years is enough time to wait.

I never got around to playing Chrono Trigger. Ooh, according to Wikipedia it's available as a Wii download! I'm a little burnt out on Japanese RPGs for the moment, after surviving Ni No Kuni (brilliant, but the talk-talk-talk will drive you mad). I'm working on a little mindless action to cleanse the palate, at the moment, with God of War: Ascension. Lordy, does it ever have awful dialogue (but at least there's not much of it).

Antron007

I've been sucked into playing Happy Wars in the Xbox Live Arcade for about 2 or 3 weeks now.

SoS

Though I vastly prefer Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross is a great game and a worthy successor. How far are you now? :D

I never got around to playing Chrono Trigger. Ooh, according to Wikipedia it's available as a Wii download! I'm a little burnt out on Japanese RPGs for the moment, after surviving Ni No Kuni (brilliant, but the talk-talk-talk will drive you mad). I'm working on a little mindless action to cleanse the palate, at the moment, with God of War: Ascension. Lordy, does it ever have awful dialogue (but at least there's not much of it).

You don't know what you're missing with those two games. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. : )

--SoS

Go Up