The LEGO Thread

Started by SoS, July 07, 2011, 09:15:12 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

Those are really cool, but for us Lego-losers, can you explain what it is you did that makes them custom? Did you paint the faces on? Fill 'em with candy? Carve 'em from soap?

or

Finally here's the squad leader. She's your typical G.I. Jane "by the book" soldier, does not stray from her given mission/orders. I haven't come up with name I've liked for her, yet. Not sure which of the hairstyles to go with. I'm leaning towards the short one, what do you guys think?

--SoS

SoS

February 11, 2012, 06:57:47 AM Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 03:15:51 PM by SoS

Those are really cool, but for us Lego-losers, can you explain what it is you did that makes them custom? Did you paint the faces on? Fill 'em with candy? Carve 'em from soap?

One thing you want to keep in mind about LEGO is that a simple parts swapping automatically makes it a custom.

With that in mind, the torso is not your typical LEGO torso it was custom made/casted by someone in Taiwan. As you can see, the torso grooves to simulate the female form. The pauldron is another custom (3rd party if you will) piece bought from the store Brickforge. Everything else is LEGO made, just obtained from different minifigures in different sets. Couldn't tell you from who exactly since I have all pieces sorted in parts - mold parts if you will :).

--SoS

SoS

"Commander Shepard" WIP

Almost done with him. Need to work on it a bit more and build him the Normandy SR2.

--SoS

SoS

RC-1140 "Fixer" WIP

Tried to go for a worn look on the armor, so I just used a sharpie instead of attempting custom decals. Still not done with him. Need to paint the pauldron green to simulate the shoulder pad/armor. Need a new helmet and still working on the backpack.

--SoS

SoS

Miranda Lawson

shmax

A thing of beauty. Somehow I missed my chance to woo her proper-like in pt. 2. Third time's where you pour on the charm...

SoS

Wasn't too happy with my original Shepard so I went back to the drawing board. Here's a work in progress of Shepard 2.0:

--SoS

SoS

FIXER

I'm happier with this updated version. Think I'm done with him, for the moment. Now I can focus on the rest of his squad members.

--SoS

SoS

BOSS

Work in progress...

--SoS

shmax

Wasn't too happy with my original Shepard so I went back to the drawing board. Here's a work in progress of Shepard 2.0:

--SoS

Awesome.

SoS

Well without further ado I give the baddest, the reckless, and most awesome Krogan ever....

URDNOT WREX

I think he's my favorite minifigure I've made so far. Love Wrex, such a shame he's not a squadmate anymore. Also, Shepard is in the picture to show the progress I've made with him. Now I just need to tackle his helmet, make a few more touch ups and I'll be happy with him.

--SoS

SoS

I AM KROGAN!

Wrex "with helmet" on. I'll definitely keep him without his helmet on, will probably use the "helmet head" to make a Blood Pack merc or some random Krogan.

--SoS

shmax

Beautiful! Did you actually paint the face and make the parts, or do they sell some kind of Mass Effect/Lego customization kit at a store only you know about?

SoS

Beautiful! Did you actually paint the face and make the parts, or do they sell some kind of Mass Effect/Lego customization kit at a store only you know about?

Wrex's face and torso are decals I bought from a fellow LEGO builder. He designed them way back when the original Mass Effect was released. The actual Krogan body is a bunch of regular LEGO pieces built onto a minifigure. As for Shepard, his armor, vambraces and gun are 3rd party custom accessories. The rest is all legit LEGO pieces. I modded the armor and added decals to it. Decals are a mixture of my own and someone else's.

--SoS

SoS

Currently working on Grunt and my leading-romance companion since Mass Effect...Ash. I did finish up another Krogan, I'll post pics tomorrow. Still working out how to create my Asari and Turian minifigs. I want to avoid slapping a decal on a regular LEGO minifig head and call it a day.

--SoS

Go Up