The LEGO Thread

Started by SoS, July 07, 2011, 09:15:12 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SoS

Here's a picture of the random Krogan. I'm actually thinking of changing some parts, probably add more white. Also, I'm almost done with Grunt I'll post some WIP pics tomorrow.

--SoS

shmax

Amazing. Have you done a Salarian yet?

SoS

Haven't started on Salarian's yet.

--SoS

SoS

GRUNT

Here's a work in progress of Grunt, just need to get a different pair of legs. Counting Grunt, I now have made a total of five krogan minifigs. Definitely time to start and finish working on some other species/characters.

--SoS

SoS

April 15, 2012, 05:50:21 PM Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:24:29 PM by SoS

NINJAGO

[Personal fanon]
20 years after the Great Devourer was defeated, the Ninjago heroes each have their own academy where the next generation ninja are trained. Friends and foes must come together to fight the new threat. It will take the combined might of all ninja clans and their new allies to to survive the onslaught of the Mecha One and his Devastators.
[/end fanon]

--SoS

SoS

Just re-posting the pictures here, since this is the LEGO thread.

Darth Talon
Still a work in progress. Need to add the boots and tattoos for her arms.

Gunnery Chief Ashley Williams
Here's Ash in her ME1 outfit. Still a work in progress.

My ever changing work in progress Shepard.

HUSH

--SoS

SoS

Was experimenting in photoshop and this is the end result.

--SoS

shmax

Beautiful, SoS. How 'bout a nice group shot?

SoS

Beautiful, SoS. How 'bout a nice group shot?

There's a group shot somewhere in thread. But here it is again (with some touch ups).

--SoS

shmax

Have you seen this, SoS?

http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego/me_mako.php

Also, speaking of Lego, I just picked up the 250th gold brick in Lego Batman 2. I need a nap. And a life.

SoS

Of course I have. I've spoken to Justin, the builder of that work of art :), on quite a few occasions. He's actually the designer of all the decals for the LEGO Mass Effect minifigures I have. Well with the except of Shepard 2.0.

--SoS

shmax

Cool! How do you make a custom model like this? I'm sure that each of the pieces you would need exist somewhere, but can you special order them, or do you just have to collect every damn set in the world?

SoS

Well that's something you just build using your imagination while using the source material, lots of trial and error involved. Once someone builds something like that, they either give others and idea on how/what pieces they used to build it so they can build their own; or don't bother to do so at all. Kind of like anyone who makes custom Transformer figures, oftentimes the customizer will say what figures were used in making the kitbash, and for those that don't it's not too hard to figure out what was used on TF customs (not a lot of parts compared to something like LEGO).

As for the pieces, yes they do exist, cutting and splicing together brick pieces is a BIG no-no in the LEGO community. You have to use existing LEGO pieces otherwise, it's not a LEGO build. Builders usually have the pieces already from LEGO sets that they own when they start working on something like this. Pieces can be bought separately through LEGO's website, but they do not have a big selection, very limited in fact. There's a resource/database site that shows all existing parts. The main feature of the site is their "store", which I linked you to a few months back when discussing the toyline expansion/setting up a store. When you click on say a 1x1 brick it will list all the colors that have been released to date, you can click on the particular color you are looking for then it will give you a listing of all the users who are selling that 1x1 brick in that particular color.

--SoS

shmax

Where do you think he found those perfectly slanted pieces for the nose? They seem too good to be true...

Go Up