Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Started by SoS, October 09, 2011, 07:15:18 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SoS

October 09, 2011, 07:15:18 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron continues the story of the Autobots and the Decepticons and their bitter civil war, but changes and improves upon so many of the fundamental ideas that the developer considers the game a natural successor rather than a true sequel.
Source: GameInformer

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron transports you to the final days of the planet Cybertron where you will experience the darkest hours of the apocalyptic war between the Autobots and Decepticons. Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey through a wide range of missions and massive environments designed around each character's unique abilities. With the stakes higher than ever before, you play as a variety of Transformers, including Grimlock's nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary Combaticons forming into the colossal Bruticus. Fight through both sides of the Transformers' most epic battles leading to their legendary exodus from their homeworld. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron allows you to go head-to-head as Autobots and Decepticons with its multi-player online mode. Create your own personalized character and weaponry with the most advanced and in-depth customization ever before seen in a Transformers video game.
Product Description from GameStop

Play as BRUTICUS! I'm sold with that alone. The only things I have reservations on are:
Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey through a wide range of missions and massive environments designed around each character's unique abilities.
This words make me fear that the levels are character specific like the disappointing DOTM game, if that's the case I won't be buying this game on day one.

I've also heard rumors that Escalation or Co-Op mode may be taken out of the game. I hope those are just that: rumors. A sequel should never downgrade features the previous entry had, it should always strive to improve or add to those features.

Stay tuned with GameInformer's month-long coverage. For those that buy the featured issue: post details. :)

--SoS

SoS

October 15, 2011, 07:35:35 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest

shmax

October 16, 2011, 05:52:54 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
It was the cover story on the Nov. issue of "Game Informer". I dunno, looks like it might be good for a few larfs. Do we know when it comes out?

Go Up