Adding Categories

Started by Fiend6669, March 19, 2012, 03:49:23 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Fiend6669

Hey there, Max said to post this in the forums, so;
     Is there any way you can implement an "Add Category" feature soon? I've been trying to add a ton of stuff, but as it's all Canadian stock in multilingual packaging, most of it doesn't have categories yet. It's taking forever to add anything, as I can usually not find it listed. It'll save both you & I a lot of time if the new categories can be added when adding new figures.

In the mean time, here's a few categories I need added to the Canadian section, if you would be so kind;
-DOTM Zellers Exclusives for Voyagers (Starscream & Ratchet) & Deluxe [I've added a bunch of new items, but they're not categorized by class yet.]
-DOTM TRU Exclusive "The Scan Series" Deluxes.
-DOTM Speed Stars; Stealth Force Basic, Deluxe, Mega, & Ultra Classes
-DOTM Speed Stars; Trans Scan Series, Beast Machines Series, Night Attack  Series, & Stealth Force Series.
-DOTM Robo Power; Bash Bots, Activators, Robo Fighters, Go-Bots, & Revving Robots.
-DOTM Store Exclusive Multipacks of Deluxe& Voyager Class figs.
-DOTM Cyberverse; Multipacks
-Generations; Deluxe Class, & 3-Pack TRU Store Exclusive [War for Cybertron Figs.]
-Kre-O; Basic, Deluxe, & Leader Class Sets.

There'll be a lot more, but let's start with these for now.
Thanx again,
Mike [a.k.a. Fiend6669]
'Til all are... Mine!

engledogg

I'll add those later on today...in the mean time, just curious, when you enter a UPC, do you add spaces?

6 53569 61152 3

If so, it'll make a lot faster if you don't.  The system will put the appropriate dashes in, so you don't need to worry about adding spaces.  Saves me some time removing them, as well.  :)

If you're aren't manually adding the spaces, then we've got a bug.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

engledogg

March 19, 2012, 07:43:25 AM Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:13:21 AM by engledogg
Also, that ROTF Rally Mudflap and Offroad Skids set...you sure that was released in Canada?  As far as I know, that only showed up in Australia, Hong Kong, etc.

DOTM Cyberverse; Multipacks

Just curious, what would this be?  Do you mean this?

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/9323/ultimate_gift_set

DOTM Store Exclusive Multipacks of Deluxe& Voyager Class figs.

Same here.  Like the Walmart Optimus Prime/Comettor set?  Stuff like that?

MIKE
engledogg

engledogg

Generations (and everything underneath it) is already present.  You'll find it here:

http://www.shmax.com/database/2307

MIKE
engledogg

engledogg

Okay...got most of the list done.  I'll get to the rest later today.

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

Do the spaces throw off the validator? I had thought that the back end would just strip them out and add the hyphens back in either way... not so?

engledogg

March 20, 2012, 07:25:44 PM Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:44:22 PM by engledogg
If you accept a number with spaces, like the one above (6 53569 61152 3), it goes through unchanged when approved so that you end up with the number with spaces on the record (no hyphens are added by the system).

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

Then ugh, a bug. I'll see if I can fix it with the next batch, thanks much for the report.

shmax

I've got a fix--it was just something stupid. It'll probably go in this weekend with all the other stuff. Thanks again for the bug!

Fiend6669

I'll add those later on today...in the mean time, just curious, when you enter a UPC, do you add spaces?

6 53569 61152 3

If so, it'll make a lot faster if you don't.  The system will put the appropriate dashes in, so you don't need to worry about adding spaces.  Saves me some time removing them, as well.  :)

If you're aren't manually adding the spaces, then we've got a bug.

MIKE
engledogg

Yes, every one I entered was with spaces, as the input section says "Hyphens and spaces are optional", but I can skip them if it's causing problems or extra work.
'Til all are... Mine!

Fiend6669

Also, that ROTF Rally Mudflap and Offroad Skids set...you sure that was released in Canada?  As far as I know, that only showed up in Australia, Hong Kong, etc.

MIKE
engledogg

I'm pretty sure, as I bought it in a Walmart in Toronto.
'Til all are... Mine!

engledogg

Yes, every one I entered was with spaces, as the input section says "Hyphens and spaces are optional", but I can skip them if it's causing problems or extra work.

Not your fault...normally the system would be catching them and auto-correcting each one.  Once the bug is squashed, you can enter them any way you like.

MIKE
engledogg

engledogg

March 22, 2012, 06:30:17 PM Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:40:13 PM by engledogg

MIKE
engledogg

I'm pretty sure, as I bought it in a Walmart in Toronto.

Gotcha. I was just going by the information found on the TF Wiki.

Actually, it seems that perhaps the same quadrilingual packaging was used for both Canada and the releases I mentioned above.  If that proves to be true (which it might be since robotkingdom was selling the quadrilingual packaging version), I'll amend the existing record to include the Canadian release.

MIKE
engledogg

Fiend6669

DOTM Cyberverse; Multipacks

Just curious, what would this be?  Do you mean this?

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/9323/ultimate_gift_set

MIKE
engledogg

None of the boxes I've got say "Ultimate Gift Set" anywhere on them, so I don't think it's them, especially since there are no details listed as to what the set contains.
I was referring to these;

'Til all are... Mine!

Fiend6669

DOTM Store Exclusive Multipacks of Deluxe& Voyager Class figs.

Same here.  Like the Walmart Optimus Prime/Comettor set?  Stuff like that?

MIKE
engledogg

Nope, sets like this;

'Til all are... Mine!

Go Up