[RESOLVED]parts not saving

Started by 2ndSoundWave, September 08, 2012, 01:48:30 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

2ndSoundWave

September 08, 2012, 01:48:30 PM Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:35:58 PM by shmax
when I'm in "edit collection", I can check and uncheck the part boxes as you would expect.  However, the changes aren't saved.  I know that when editing other details (price paid, date bought, etc.) the purple bar goes from saying sealed/loose/opened to "saving..." and when you refresh the page, the changes are saved.  But the bar doesn't say "saving.." when I uncheck the part boxes, no matter how long I wait, and when I refresh the page, nothing changes :o.  Help?

shmax

Hmm, this is a strange one. I was able to repro it once or twice, but it seems to be working, now. Which item were you trying to edit?

2ndSoundWave

several, Energon Landmine and The animated Optimus vs. Megatron set to name a few.

2ndSoundWave

just tried again, still doesn't work. :(

shmax

Well, I did find one bug related to products that have a "gestalt" among their parts, which I fixed, but I'm still seeing a strange behavior. The "saving..." message doesn't update as expected, even though the save did go through. If you scroll the page up and down a bit it seems to wake up and does update. This seems to be some kind of new Chrome bug--it doesn't happen in Firefox. Can you try again, and verify that the save does go through?

2ndSoundWave

Well, I did find one bug related to products that have a "gestalt" among their parts, which I fixed, but I'm still seeing a strange behavior. The "saving..." message doesn't update as expected, even though the save did go through. If you scroll the page up and down a bit it seems to wake up and does update. This seems to be some kind of new Chrome bug--it doesn't happen in Firefox. Can you try again, and verify that the save does go through?
nope, still doesn't work.

shmax

Try removing the item, then re-adding it.

2ndSoundWave

well now nothing's saving ???

shmax

Maybe I should have asked this to begin with, but which browser are you using?

2ndSoundWave

Chrome

shmax

September 11, 2012, 09:27:19 PM Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:51:06 PM by shmax

Chrome

Are we still talking about Energon Landmine? When I try it it does save, but the "saving..." text persists. This behavior is really baffling me, as it doesn't happen for other items (nor does it always happen for Landmine--it really seems to be some kind of browser-level rendering bug). Don't worry, I'm not giving up on it...

2ndSoundWave

Are we still talking about Energon Landmine?

I'm talking about any figure I try modify the condition of. I'm just using Landmine as an example as he's one of the only incomplete figures I have.

Runsamok12

I have the same problem, I'm using Firefox and I cant get anything that's missing anything toi save as incomplete....its like the collection is telling me I have completed items when I don't.  I tried on Air raid (g1 us ver)(missing label sheet) and the Air strike patrol (as I only have 2/4 of the figs), but I'm not able to save anything unless it is complete....I admit I'm new to the site but would love to have some sort of accurate account of my collection, and it makes me sad that I found a site I like and the first two entries I put in are having the same problem :(  I don't get the saving message and once I uncheck a box for the part I can no longer close the purple tab....  :(  Please help

shmax

September 14, 2012, 10:21:53 AM Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:21:47 PM by shmax
Sorry guys, I believe something screwy is going on, but I just haven't been able to reproduce this problem. You'll have to walk me through the exact steps to make it happen--provide links to the exact pages you're on when it happens, numbered steps, the works.

Runsamok12

Air Raid
United States > Generation 1 > Special Teams > Mini-Vehicles > Assortment 1
Released 1986
-Add to my collection Click for help Watch eBay for Wishlist
-click add to my collection
-click on the purple tab to open the details menu
-changed purchase condition to loose (makes current condition loose as well, so that still works)
-clicked label sheet to remove it from the figure (box becomes unchecked)
-scrolled down to see if it saves or what have you but still says sealed in the purple bar....is there a step I'm    missing?
go to view collection....shows the figure, and that it is loose but still has the box for the label sheet checked... does this help?

Go Up