Just some ideas for the site.

Started by Antron007, November 15, 2012, 05:44:18 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

engledogg

No limit...and I would suggest adding them, even if you don't plan on keeping them around - they still have value and are in your possession.  You can always remove them later once you do sell/trade/whatever them away.

MIKE
engledogg

Well I just added my first dupe. I just got a pre-rub Prowl in the mail and it turns out it is different than the one I already have. It has the L brackets and 2 line gun, while my original one has the blank circle stamp, I brackets and the 0 line gun. So I can add duplicates like this since we already decided to not add all those mold variations into the database.

Whoa, when did we decide not to add mold variations to the database?  Something like stampings are likely overkill (to some), but gun variants are certainly not.  If we can nail down concrete information on variants, especially being able to match up figures and accessories, I'm all for that.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

Whoa, when did we decide not to add mold variations to the database?  Something like stampings are likely overkill (to some), but gun variants are certainly not.  If we can nail down concrete information on variants, especially being able to match up figures and accessories, I'm all for that.

MIKE
engledogg

Ah well, maybe that was meant just for package variations (the reason why I didn't add my Portugese Wideload)...

Anyways, there are a few G1 Prowls, they are laid out pretty well on Fredsworkshop. Then there are (technically) multiple versions of Twin Twist's guns, but not Twin Twist toy itself.

And in addition, something I have to take pics of, but I was looking at G1 Perceptor on Fredsworkshop and they have 2 stamping versions there. Well I have a third one. I'll put a thread on TFW about it in the next couple days with that question.

The problem (maybe) is that these molding changes, especially the pre-rub Prowl, etc, did not get rev changes on the assortment numbers, etc.

Tripredacus

And in addition, something I have to take pics of, but I was looking at G1 Perceptor on Fredsworkshop and they have 2 stamping versions there. Well I have a third one. I'll put a thread on TFW about it in the next couple days with that question.

Perceptor thread created (with pics of course)
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/715970-g1-perceptor-stamping-variation.html

Go Up