How do I...?

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, November 27, 2012, 09:51:59 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/10364/devastar_coin

How do I get this item to show up when searching "Constructicons Devastator", since that's what's on the front and back of the package, and that's how I tried to find it? :)

engledogg

It should now. 

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

It should now. 

MIKE
engledogg

I see you added "contructicons" to the product name, which is fine if it's appropriate, but my solution was to change the "ebay search terms" to this:
davastar coin ("devastar coin", "constructicon devastator")

This simply adds "constructicon devastator" to the "greenlist", meaning that it will match in searches on both shmax.com and eBay without being required. I removed "constructicons" from the product name; you can add it back if this is not well enough.

engledogg

Works for me...although, I don't know how much of what's on the coin is appropriate. :)

It was supposed to be given away with the purchase of the TakaraTomy Devastar in Asia, but for some reason, this has the Hasbro mark on the back and calls him Devastator, which is weird.  I know Hasbro handles Asian releases, even TakaraTomy's, so that's probably why.

For the search terms, it may be a typo, where does "davastar" come in?

MIKE
engledogg

engledogg

Also related, the Wiki now has Devastor as the Japanese name...for years it was Devastar.

デバスター Debasutā

Which one should we go with?

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

Also related, the Wiki now has Devastor as the Japanese name...for years it was Devastar.

デバスター Debasutā

Which one should we go with?

MIKE
engledogg

Well, I would definitely read that as "devastar", but the coin says "constructicon devastator" right on it. Did it come with a tag, or baggie, or anything?

shmax

November 27, 2012, 11:53:42 AM Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:30:46 PM by shmax

For the search terms, it may be a typo, where does "davastar" come in?

That was just a typo--fixed. Maybe what we should do is cover all our bases...

product name: Devastator (devastar) coin
search terms: (devastar,devastator) coin (devastar,devastator,constructicons)

engledogg

November 27, 2012, 11:59:13 AM Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:18:02 PM by engledogg
Did it come with a tag, or baggie, or anything?

Nope, no packaging...given away just like as shown in the photo, as far as I know.

Well, I would definitely read that as "devastar", but the coin says "constructicon devastator" right on it.

Ah, so it still is "Devastar" for the Japanese releases of G1 Devastator...that's good to know.  Nothing to change in the database, then.  :)

As far as the coin goes, I'm betting the reason for "Devastator" (instead of "Devastar") on the coin is likely because Hasbro Asia handled the distribution of the Japanese Encore toy in Asia, so they used the "Hasbro" version of the name for the freebie coin.  If it were intended for the Japanese market, it would have been "Devastar" and put out by TakaraTomy, but since it was for China, Hong Kong, and the rest of Asia, Hasbro handled it and used their name.

As to why they put "Constructicons" (with an "s") on the coin, they probably did that just to show that he's composed of the Constructicons. 

Or, "Constructicons" is a typo and they meant to put "Constructicon Devastator", as that's his official name anymore (since they had to add "Constructicon" to the name as "Devastator" wasn't able to trademarked/copyrighted by itself).

I think we're good with just "Devastator Coin" for the product name, with the expanded devastar, etc. search terms covering all the bases.

MIKE
engledogg

Tripredacus

I think since the TF movies were released in Japan (including the USA Editions of the toys) TakaraTomy has been using the English names for the toys. It seems to be a little better with that than just Takara was. That's why you are seeing more and more Optimus Prime toys from Japan that aren't in USA Edition packaging, but Tomy is paying attention enough that it will call classic G1 type toys by their original names. Maybe the TF Movie was different enough to allow for using the western names. Devestar is the same way.

Go Up