Update 03/10/2013

Started by shmax, March 10, 2013, 04:06:47 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

That sounds great!
I'd love to select to have all my G1s together in a visual list, as shmax.com so awesomely offers.  So I mean the US stuff and Canadian stuff all lumped together!
Fantastico!!

Sounds like we're on the right track!

Antron007

March 11, 2013, 07:00:27 PM Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:17:33 PM by Antron007

I'm not quite sure what they're considering "parts"...do they mean parts that can be unscrewed from a toy's body, like a fist or a leg, or do they mean the accessories that comes with a toy?

MIKE
engledogg

I can't remember the source but I did a bunch of research on the grading system a few months ago and parts are as they are on the site, not arms legs ect..   So G1 Primes fists, yes, his legs, no. I may be mistaken but I think if a figure is broken or missing a part like that it wouldn't be graded or gradable?

I will go on to say that the system has it's issues. Especially once a product is opened. They start to look at paint and such but as we all know you can get paint issues right out of the box so they try to determine weather it was production caused or other. Also the person grading is a factor. One guy that would give you a C8 and another will give the same figure C6 as some one else mentioned so even the "official" grading system is not a concrete set of standards.  (See Ed's list)

I think there are only 2 or 3 places/organizations that grade figures also. And I do believe there is another 00-99 system that is often used but it seems to me that the Cx, Ox ect. seems to be considered the more "official" one for some reason. I think because it's used for most other toys as well.

Oh and I think it is supposed to go into plastic or glass after it's been "officially" graded. I may be mistaken on some of this but that's what I took away from everything I've read about it.

Wajo357

I hate to be the one to ask this, but how do the other sites, that are similar to shmax handle it?
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=853" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=853</a>

engledogg

Oh and I think it is supposed to go into plastic or glass after it's been "officially" graded. I may be mistaken on some of this but that's what I took away from everything I've read about it.

Yeah...that's approaching AFA territory.  This is is just a personal estimate of condition...not something we're going to get insane about.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Antron007

Hey Wajo, I may be mistaken here as well but I looked into DASH and some other one and as I recall they didn't handle it. If I remember correctly they were just loose open sealed. I don't even think they had graded like we do here already.

I know this would all be on good faith amongst us users. I just wanted to put out what info I had on the grading subject since I did all the digging not to long ago and some people didn't seem too familiar with it. I do think it wouldn't hurt to use the chart you posted Ed. Just as a guideline to help people get an idea.

Go Up