Assigning mold #s - user submissions

Started by engledogg, May 03, 2013, 08:52:30 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

engledogg

May 03, 2013, 08:52:30 AM Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:54:05 PM by engledogg
Let me first state that none of the following is required for a user submission.  I'm just tossing this up here as a helpful "how-to"...for those users brave enough to try.  :)

If the figure/part is a NEW MOLD

1.  While on the desired product page, click either "Create figure record" to create a figure or "Create accessory record" to create a part .  In this case, we're creating a new figure, so click "Create figure record".

2.  In the MOLD area of the page you'll see a pane that starts with "3rd Party Unofficial Products" and ends with "Zenmai Kahen Winch". 

3.  If you click on "Transformers", it'll open up another pane that starts with "1-2-3 Transformers" and ends with "Unknown".  If you click on any other category, it will behave the same way.

So, let's say you want to add a new Generations Voyager mold for an upcoming Sixshot toy (wishful thinking, right?). 

4.  Click "Transformers".

5.  Scroll down until you see "Generations" and click it.

A new pane will open starting with Deluxe and ending with Voyager. 

6.  Click "Voyager" and a second row of panels will open up.  In the first panel, you'll see "Move to New Mold", "Add New Mold", some mold #s and in the second panel, a list of parts.

7.  Since this a new part we're adding, click "Add New Mold", making sure to wait until it turns grey.  Fill in the rest of the info (colors, form, etc.), click submit, and that's it! 

A mold group # and part # will be generated and you'll find them on the resulting figure record.  For example, over on the right of Springer's record:

http://www.shmax.com/part_details/33574/springer

You'll find that he's mold #15027, part #15028. 

Let's say that our newly-created Sixshot is Mold #17457, Part #17458 (not real numbers).

Now, we want to add Sixshot's guns.

1.  Click "Add new accessory" while on Sixshot's product page.

2.  Navigate to the point you were at before for Sixshot, this time clicking on the mold that was created with your submission of the figure, in our case, the fictitious mold #17457.

Doing so will open up another pane that has "Move Here" at the top, then "Add Part" (in red), then a list of part(s). 

3.  To add the gun, simply click "Add Part", fill in the details, and click submit.  They will be assigned a part #, as well.  In this case, part #17459.

That's pretty all it takes it to add parts with a new mold to the database.

Now, let's say Sixshot gets recolored into Great Shot, and you want to add Great Shot and his accessories to the database.  Let's tackle the Great Shot figure first.

If the figure/part is a RECOLOR OF AN EXISTING MOLD

1.  Click "Add new figure"while on Great Shot's product page.

For Great Shot himself, since he's a straight recolor, you can do one of two things:

2.  Either go through the process above, clicking on the various panes and categories, or...

3.  You can just type the part # (17458) in the "Mold id" text box.  Text box FTW. :)

Now for the weapons.  Great Shot comes with recolors of Sixshot's two guns, but also comes with a new battle axe.  The guns would be handled the same way as Great Shot (either navigate or typing 17459 into the "Mold id" text field), but to add the axe, since it is a new part, we can't take the "Mold id" shortcut.

1.  Click "Add new accessory" while on Sixshot's product page.

2.  Navigate to the Six Shot mold (Mold #17457) and click it.

3.  In the second pane, click "Add Part". 

4.  Fill in the details...done.

Now, let's say the Sixshot/Great Shot figure mold gets retooled into...I don't know, Galvatron or something.  He is sporting a new head with the retool.

If the figure/part is a RETOOL OF AN EXISTING MOLD

1.  Click "Add new figure" while on Galvatron's product page.

2.  Navigate to the Six Shot mold (Mold #17457) and click it.

3.  In the second column, click on Part #17458.  You'll find a new pane open up with "Add Retool". 

4.  Click "Add Retool", and allow it to turn grey.  Fill in the details, and click submit.  VoilĂ .

None of this is necessary when submitting figures or parts, but if you're feeling frisky and want to give it a try, by all means, go ahead.  You can't break anything, so don't worry about that.  :)

Hope this helps!

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

In other words, Engledogg is tired of adding parts and molds all day.  ;D

engledogg

Ha, not at all. :)

Truth be told, there's currently a bug that's causing parts that don't have mold #s assigned at the point of submission to act strangely.

MIKE
engledogg

Spiff-O-Matic

Wow. That's a lot of info! I'll try this next time I add new stuff, hopefully I won't destroy the site in the process ;)

shmax

Ha, not at all. :)

Truth be told, there's currently a bug that's causing parts that don't have mold #s assigned at the point of submission to act strangely.

MIKE
engledogg

Will fix.

SoS

Hey, hey, hey! What am I, chopped liver? Just kidding. I know I am the Shadow Ninja Mod here, the one rarely seen and when he strikes he creates 300+ records/parts within 2-3 hours. :P

--SoS

engledogg

Hey, hey, hey! What am I, chopped liver? Just kidding. I know I am the Shadow Ninja Mod here, the one rarely seen and when he strikes he creates 300+ records/parts within 2-3 hours. :P

--SoS

All you need is a pet wolf named Timber.  :)

MIKE
engledogg

Antron007

May 03, 2013, 08:10:27 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:14:27 PM by Antron007
I'm sorry I haven't been very active lately. I've been very busy. I'm pretty up to date as far as getting what's available in my area. It seems like almost a month since I've seen a toy I want that I haven't already bought. There's a couple I hope to stumble upon but I really just need these newer waves to come my way. :(  I still pop in to check the site and forum ;)

And it seems that anytime I find something I think the DB may need, it ends up being there already. 'Submitted by Engledogg' :)

Go Up