[RESOLVED]Getting Logged Off

Started by Transfotaku, October 07, 2008, 08:29:30 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Transfotaku

October 07, 2008, 08:29:30 PM Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:09:23 AM by shmax
I dunno if this is really a 'bug' or not, but, I'll post it anyway.

When I first came here, I was able to have my connection here last for, well, weeks. I had a tab open in my web browser for at least a week or so, and I was always connected on here (or, my account was active I should say), so when I picked up new stuff, I could just put it all in easily.

Now after 'some duration of time' (I don't know exactly how long) of being idle, it seems I get logged off and have to re-login to put in new stuff. Why just today, just a few hours (4 or so) ago I was on here looking up stuff on my collection and had to login again. Then just several minutes ago after a small toy run I had to login again to input my newest guys obtained.

Like I said, dunno if you changed it so it bumps people off after a time, or if it's something else, but, I liked the old way of staying logged on indefinitely. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

engledogg

October 07, 2008, 09:16:08 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by engledogg
Did you log in through the main page or the forums?  If you log in through the forums, you have the option for you to be remembered every visit.  Try that, if you haven't already.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

October 08, 2008, 02:46:01 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
I can look into this in more depth later, but for now, make sure that you have cookies enabled in whichever browser you're using.

engledogg

October 08, 2008, 09:14:52 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by engledogg
Exactly the same thing happened to me.   I was logged in constantly, then all of sudden, I found myself having to log in every time I visited the site.  Logging in through the forums seemed to take care of the problem.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Transfotaku

October 10, 2008, 01:43:15 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Transfotaku
Quote from: "engledogg"
Exactly the same thing happened to me.   I was logged in constantly, then all of sudden, I found myself having to log in every time I visited the site.  Logging in through the forums seemed to take care of the problem.

MIKE
engledogg
Main site, cookies enabled. I'll try the forum bit to see if that works next time then. I used to only login through the main site though and it kept me 'alive' before.

shmax

October 10, 2008, 02:46:58 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Hmm. Well, I guess I'll have to look into it. Can I have some details?

1. browser, version
2. browser cookie/security setting, if available
3. exact steps to reproduce behavior, providing links where possible

Thanks much!

Quote from: "Transfotaku"

MIKE
engledogg
Main site, cookies enabled. I'll try the forum bit to see if that works next time then. I used to only login through the main site though and it kept me 'alive' before.

Transfotaku

October 10, 2008, 02:39:00 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Transfotaku
I'll do my best!

My browser is Opera 9. If there's any dots and half versions and whatever, I'm not sure of those.

Cookies are set to 'Accept'. Security is at minimal levels (in fact, I don't think it's on at all).

Exact steps? Well uh...I look up stuff here for a bit, leave it sit. I use Opera cause I love tabbed browsing, so, I let a tab stay open while doing other stuff. Usually I'm inputting new stuff to my collection. Anyway, if I let it sit idle for more than a period of time (i'm not sure exactly how long, however) then when I return, I'll have to log in again. I come back, it still shows my name up top, I'll say, search for Silverstreak (got the Classics last night). Find the one I got, and it'll say "Please register/login" with that pop up tooltip thingy. Sometimes I'll notice that my account info (Dynamic Sig, Your Collection, Your Wanted, etc) links aren't up so login before trying to click 'I Own It' on a new guy, but the difference lies only in the fact that if I notice my account stuff's not up, I just don't get to the point where the tooltip pops up. And if not, I'll get the tooltip saying to login. No big. So, I go login on the main site, and search for my guy(s) again, click the own it boxes, and, do nothing else when I'm done inputting newcomers. Just let it sit in a tab while I do other things.

Dunno if that's helpful enough or not, but, I can't think of anything else at the moment. Besides, like I said, I used to be able to be on forever w/o being logged off or needing to log in again. Though I'm guessing this started sometime in, approximately, the last week, since my original post to this thread? If that helps you narrow changes down, I'd say that perhaps something within a week or so before I mentioned it...say, since October 1st, that might be a good time area to search for changes that might have influenced it perhaps.

Quote from: "shmax"

1. browser, version

Thanks much!

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

October 11, 2008, 03:45:21 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Hey there, I installed Opera, and was able to reproduce the issue. I'll look into it further in-between fixing other bugs, but in the meantime, go into your cookies settings page, and make sure that "Delete new cookies when exiting Opera" isn't checked. You might also try clicking on "Manage Cookies", and deleting the cookies logged for www.shmax.com. If all that fails, in the meantime you might try google Chrome, which I highly recommend for use with this site.

More later!

I'll do my best!

My browser is Opera 9. If there's any dots and half versions and whatever, I'm not sure of those.

Cookies are set to 'Accept'. Security is at minimal levels (in fact, I don't think it's on at all).

Exact steps? Well uh...I look up stuff here for a bit, leave it sit. I use Opera cause I love tabbed browsing, so, I let a tab stay open while doing other stuff. Usually I'm inputting new stuff to my collection. Anyway, if I let it sit idle for more than a period of time (i'm not sure exactly how long, however) then when I return, I'll have to log in again. I come back, it still shows my name up top, I'll say, search for Silverstreak (got the Classics last night). Find the one I got, and it'll say "Please register/login" with that pop up tooltip thingy. Sometimes I'll notice that my account info (Dynamic Sig, Your Collection, Your Wanted, etc) links aren't up so login before trying to click 'I Own It' on a new guy, but the difference lies only in the fact that if I notice my account stuff's not up, I just don't get to the point where the tooltip pops up. And if not, I'll get the tooltip saying to login. No big. So, I go login on the main site, and search for my guy(s) again, click the own it boxes, and, do nothing else when I'm done inputting newcomers. Just let it sit in a tab while I do other things.

Dunno if that's helpful enough or not, but, I can't think of anything else at the moment. Besides, like I said, I used to be able to be on forever w/o being logged off or needing to log in again. Though I'm guessing this started sometime in, approximately, the last week, since my original post to this thread? If that helps you narrow changes down, I'd say that perhaps something within a week or so before I mentioned it...say, since October 1st, that might be a good time area to search for changes that might have influenced it perhaps.

Quote from: "shmax"

1. browser, version

Thanks much!

MIKE
engledogg

KidTDragon

December 13, 2008, 12:49:54 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I have this problem too, on Internet Explorer 7. I don't seem to stay logged in, even when I log in through the forum and check the "stay logged in" box.
<br />

Go Up