[RESOLVED] Jolt - loose value $9100

Started by tusko, October 13, 2021, 12:07:39 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tusko

October 13, 2021, 12:07:39 PM Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 07:34:51 PM by engledogg
Shmax.com: Product Information - Jolt

I know the value chart is always relative and a work in progress..... but the value for Jolt is a bit high.
Maybe look at the code for the loose toy?  Otherwise I have two to sell.

shmax

Hey, Tusko old buddy!
I looked into it, and while there is indeed a data point for loose items in the system for that toy at $9100, it should be caught and discarded (well, ignored, anyway) via statistical analysis. I see that someone has already recomputed the values, and the chart has returned to some semblance of normalcy, but I'm still not sure how it got in that state. I'll investigate a bit and let you know what I find out.

tusko

Thank you!
I always appreciate the professionalism and dedication to accuracy on this site.  The value just rubs me the wrong way. 
I appreciate the prompt reply Shmaxx!  Best regards!

shmax

I have a little update on this for you. I still haven't figured out how that item's appraisal data went stale, but while poking around I noticed a bug in the value computation code, which I've fixed. The next thing I did was flag all product records as "dirty", and set up an hourly task to refresh their appraisal data 1000 items at time. As of a few hours ago, all records have been recomputed. Finally, I've added an admin button for comparing cached appraisal data with data computed on the spot, which should let us know if there is a still a problem. I'll wait a few weeks, then press it and see what happens, but for now I'm going to close the issue in our tracker, and get back to the business of playing video games. Thanks again for reporting, and let me know if you see any similar weirdness again.

tusko

Thank you Shmax!
Your computer skills are wonderful and fantastic. 

tusko

Hola!  
This still seems to be an issue. 

engledogg

tusko, check out that record again - it should be fixed.

A user mistakenly entered a price in USD that should have been in another currency.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

tusko

Thank you!
You've wiped out like a third of my collection value!  Ha ha! 
I appreciate the prompt fix.  

Go Up