Robot Heroes Snarl (11/1/2021)

Started by KidTDragon, November 01, 2021, 09:37:58 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

KidTDragon

This is Snarl. Except it's not Snarl, it's Slag. Except it's not Slag, it's Slug. He comes packaged with Sharkticon. Except it's not Sharkticon, it's Gnaw. Got a headache yet? (Photo courtesy of Squallte, or whatever name he's going by these days, I can't keep track.)
<br />

triKlops

There were some interesting ones in this line.
Weren't there a couple 2 packs that only made it Australasia?
Regardless; very cool choice.

KidTDragon

Yes, indeed: Ricochet & Predaking and Tigatron & Inferno.
<br />

triKlops

Yes, indeed: Ricochet & Predaking and Tigatron & Inferno.
Ahh, yes. I remember being at RIComicCon and somebody had those 2 packs up for $100 a piece.
Not happening for me but to each their own.
While I never dived into the Heroes myself, i always took a look when i was in-store .
The sculpts were always interesting and a bit more dynamic than a regular, static, vinyl sculpt.

KidTDragon

Ahh, yes. I remember being at RIComicCon and somebody had those 2 packs up for $100 a piece.
While I never dived into the Heroes myself, i always took a look when i was in-store .
The sculpts were always interesting and a bit more dynamic than a regular, static, vinyl sculpt.
Ouch. I don't blame you for passing. My girlfriend got them for me one Xmas. No idea what she paid for them, but I hope it wasn't that much.

I dove headfirst into these guys because I thought they were so dang awesome. I still have the G1 & Beast series, though I'm trying to unload the movie figs since they don't hold as much charm for me anymore. Sucks that the line ended before we got BM Primal & Jetstorm. We've gotten some similar lines since then, but none of them grabbed me like these did. There's something appealing about the RH aesthetic that later lines weren't able to match.
<br />

triKlops

Ouch. I don't blame you for passing. My girlfriend got them for me one Xmas. No idea what she paid for them, but I hope it wasn't that much.

I dove headfirst into these guys because I thought they were so dang awesome. I still have the G1 & Beast series, though I'm trying to unload the movie figs since they don't hold as much charm for me anymore. Sucks that the line ended before we got BM Primal & Jetstorm. We've gotten some similar lines since then, but none of them grabbed me like these did. There's something appealing about the RH aesthetic that later lines weren't able to match.
I agree; the aesthetic was extremely dynamic. Not really mirrored much since their release with any other vinyl TF figures, imho.

tusko

And also whimsically joyous; this seems to be lost to the stone-faces of the Netflix age. 

KidTDragon

And also whimsically joyous; this seems to be lost to the stone-faces of the Netflix age.
That's very true. Almost every RH looks like it's really happy to be involved.
<br />

Go Up