Gaogaigar

Started by ScottyP, October 02, 2023, 10:36:13 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

ScottyP

I've been going down a rabbit hole of 90s Brave stuff and all I see here are newer lines/SoC/etc https://shmax.com/products?q_filters_toyline=5719
Please add a subline where I can add the original Takara releases. Thanks! 

engledogg

October 04, 2023, 11:55:55 AM Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 11:57:57 AM by engledogg
Done - I added the Combiners, DX, and Roleplay subcategories (I borrowed Transformerland's format).

If anything else needs to be added, let me know.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

ScottyP

Only one of those I'll probably use for now is DX, that's how most of the line was sold. Transformerland is not the best reference for these, so I'm going to use the catalogs that came with toys. There is some standard stuff but I don't have my ducks in a row for that.
Do we have Microman anywhere? There were 3 GGG figures released under its "Micro Action" line (alongside characters like, of all things, Batman) that I'd like to get in here. Probably several TF collectors that would love to get that old LED Powers stuff added too.

engledogg

October 05, 2023, 06:19:04 AM Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 06:42:25 AM by engledogg
Okay...those Combiner/Roleplay subcats are pretty much worthless then?  Should I just nuke them?

So, all the stuff on Transformerland is pretty much DX and they unnecessarily broke it down into four categories including two combiner categories and a roleplay category that aren't officially recognized?

Also, I just want to verify that January and March were actual months that you intentionally selected for the release dates for some of the figs.  I want to make sure we don't have a bug or something.

For stuff like this, of which I have no knowledge of, lay out how you think it should be organized, and we'll go from there.  I was just going by the only reference I could find on these guys.

Additionally, we have to fill up these products with contents as we don't need any more empty products on the site.  I'm assuming Transformerland is useful in that capacity as they seem to have some pretty good galleries with the parts and whatnot.

MIKE
engledogg

ScottyP

So, all the stuff on Transformerland is pretty much DX and they unnecessarily broke it down into four categories including two combiner categories and a roleplay category that aren't officially recognized? - imo, yes

Also, I just want to verify that January and March were actual months that you intentionally selected for the release dates for some of the figs.  I want to make sure we don't have a bug or something. - got the dates from catalogs where it was visible, sometimes it wasn't or the MTL didn't pick it up so I left them as just "1997"

Additionally, we have to fill up these products with contents as we don't need any more empty products on the site.  I'm assuming Transformerland is useful in that capacity as they seem to have some pretty good galleries with the parts and whatnot.- is there a tutorial for that anywhere? Tried this back when adding Beast Saga stuff and was overwhelmed, figured it best to leave it be instead of breaking things. I can't think of any better resources for the info, not any thorough sites for Brave on the web, at least that I can find.

engledogg

Cool...don't sweat adding stuff on your own - I'll add the contents when I get a chance, using Transformerland as a guide.  I've been getting the names of some of the weapons on the GaoGaiGar wiki, as well.

MIKE
engledogg

engledogg

Turns out these were also released by Sonokong in South Korea at some point...not at all sure of the year, though.

MIKE
engledogg

Go Up