Photo of the Day: September 21st, 2009

Started by shmax, September 21, 2009, 11:22:00 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

September 21, 2009, 11:22:00 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
[wrap=left:13ywhl91][thumb small=http://www.shmax.com/img/transformers/small/4000/4776.jpg large=http://www.shmax.com/img/transformers/large/4000/4776.jpg group=potd:13ywhl91]Clear makes it good[/thumb:13ywhl91][/wrap:13ywhl91]Folks, I've done a lot of yapping about the grand prize for the September Photo Contest, Soundwave, but all anybody ever seems to ask about is the subject of today's photo, Ligier Electro Disruptor ver. I placed this toy 3rd in the list, foolishly dismissing it as little more than a silly novelty repaint of a toy all you hardcores already have. Silly like a fox. A pair of these arrived just today, and now that I hold it in my hand it's not hard to see the appeal. The packaging is a sleekly monochromatic variant on the usual Henkei style (including the tech spec bio card), and the toy itself is realized in matte black with frosted clear highlights. The whole thing just screams exclusive. In fact, the literal transliteration of the katakana on the front of the box is "Ligier - You Can't Have It Ver". Indeed, the only way you could directly get your hands on one of these was to be nerd enough to go live in Japan, buy a copy of "Transformers: Generations vol 1.", and send in a postcard with your address on it. Well, I was nerd enough to do all that and order two of these suckers, and because I'm your buddy and love you all like my extended geeky family, I've decided to add the other one to the prize list as well. Bam. It is done. Once again the qualifying scores for all of the prizes have dropped, putting them within reach of your grubby, Cheeto's-encrusted fingers.

Finally, I'd like to personally thank Rika Kunii, who staffs the Shmax.com office in Japan and was kind enough to 1) fill out the postcard for me (damn kanji), 2) wait around for the toys to arrive months later, and 3) forward the toys to me in the US without pointing and laughing. Rika-chan ha shinsetsu desu yo! Domoarigatou gozaimasu!

Go Up