Bugs in the system

Started by tec, December 07, 2007, 09:49:26 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tec

December 07, 2007, 09:49:26 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
Hey boss geting down to updateing and noticed a fue things

First is is unnessasary to have 2 Bluestreaks just becase he came in another assortment a note on the assortment order wouuld be fine

If a Transformer came 2 paked we need a way to say I only own one of thim
Take the Ravage Rumble I own Ravage but not Rumble

Speeking of that two pick when you go to the lose figures a Deceptacon Overdrive is listed as well LOL

There are also 2 overbites

shmax

December 07, 2007, 12:14:39 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Well, as far as the package goes, there ARE two G1 Bluestreaks! One has assortment number "5750", and the other one has "5765". The figures may be identical, so there will be only one figure record, but there are definitely two packages. I include both packages because it's just one more piece of information that will help someone identify exactly which toy he holds in his hands. This sort of thing will become more useful once I finally get around to building the "Advanced Search" interface.

Yeah, I'll think about the loose figure vs. packafe ownership issues in a bit. I plan to seriously overhaul the whole system, so hopefully I can find a way to make that kind of thing go away.

Override has been fixed! I ran into some data bugs when I reworked the photo system. Will be more careful next time.

Thanks for the report, Tec, keep 'em coming...

- shmax

Quote from: "tec"
Hey boss geting down to updateing and noticed a fue things

First is is unnessasary to have 2 Bluestreaks just becase he came in another assortment a note on the assortment order wouuld be fine

If a Transformer came 2 paked we need a way to say I only own one of thim
Take the Ravage Rumble I own Ravage but not Rumble

Speeking of that two pick when you go to the lose figures a Deceptacon Overdrive is listed as well LOL

There are also 2 overbites

tec

December 07, 2007, 01:36:49 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
whaa whaa its going to mess with my offical count than whaa whaa

I dont do alot of repaints even in the G1 dpt. unless I dont own the mold in the first place or it needed to be replaced like my G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen/jumper plus the Green/Gray was way better looking

shmax

December 07, 2007, 02:07:36 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Don't worry, I'll come up with something to make ya happy. Maybe I'll compute the completion percentage by looking at which figures you own, instead of package. I'll get to it eventually, I promise. Hang tight, buddy...

- shmax

Quote from: "tec"
whaa whaa its going to mess with my offical count than whaa whaa

I dont do alot of repaints even in the G1 dpt. unless I dont own the mold in the first place or it needed to be replaced like my G2 Dreadwing/Smokescreen/jumper plus the Green/Gray was way better looking

tec

December 07, 2007, 02:17:27 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
heh neat idea

I just would not bleave we could lose points based of the fact that we dint own both versons of assortments

shmax

December 07, 2007, 07:53:12 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Alright, Tec, let's say we simplify things. I'll maintain two "owned" lists, one for figures complete in package, and one for loose figures. In other words, both the figures and package entries will have "I own it" checkboxes, and you simply check whichever one you have. Then, when computing completion percentage, we'll go by distinct loose figures, and not packages, with the understanding that if you own a package, you get credit for owning whichever figures it contains.

How's that sound?

- shmax

tec

December 08, 2007, 01:54:11 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
your site boss im just here to help out
and I hope I have

Go Up