The best way to handle Europe G1?

Started by Tripredacus, March 15, 2012, 01:45:19 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

Hopefully later this year I'll be able to get some more details on the Hasbro UK G1 toys that were released in the mid-80s. A lot of information we already have access to for the Milton Bradley TFs is available here:
http://20thcenturytoycollector.com/wp-content/gallery/transformers-mb-collection-checklist/mb-collection-copy.png

The number before each "group" name in this list is the assortment number. There is no product code on the Milton Bradley TFs. All of these toys were released in 1985 and are the same as the US 1985 mainstream releases with exception of the Decepticon cassettes which were single packed.

Is there an easy way to clone a bunch of the 1985 US releases to make it easier than manually entering in every one again?

shmax

As a matter of fact there are cloning tools, but they're mod-only due to their somewhat tricky nature. One of these days I should probably expose them to general users, but send their output to the submission queue so there's less danger of catastrophe. In the meantime, you might see if Engledogg is available to assist with the cloning work,

engledogg

I think what trips might be asking is if there's a way to clone the packages instead of having to create each one of them by hand.  As it stands, I don't think we have that function.

However, once they're created, I can easily copy the contents of the U.S. stuff...

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

Ah, gotcha. So the idea is to clone the contents of one toyline category into another?

Tripredacus

Yeah I'm thinking of how we can add content with as little work (well except for you shmax) as possible. This is one example where all the "packages" are the same, including the names. Everything else is different such as the box photo (not necessarily the toy or accesory photos) product codes, description, exclusivity, etc. There are other examples of this. When I was doing research of Animated for my site, I found that US, UK and Canada all basically got the same toys. Some were exclusives, some not, and they all had different packaging, but the toys and names were all the same.

shmax

Yeah I'm thinking of how we can add content with as little work (well except for you shmax) as possible. This is one example where all the "packages" are the same, including the names. Everything else is different such as the box photo (not necessarily the toy or accesory photos) product codes, description, exclusivity, etc. There are other examples of this. When I was doing research of Animated for my site, I found that US, UK and Canada all basically got the same toys. Some were exclusives, some not, and they all had different packaging, but the toys and names were all the same.

Hmm, well, that makes sense. I'll mull it over a bit, but I probably won't be able to do anything until I finish my current project (site optimization). Thanks for the suggestion.

Go Up