[RESOLVED]Item Value - Cybertron Optimus Prime/Wing Saber

Started by Jazz 342, September 07, 2012, 07:19:48 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Jazz 342

September 07, 2012, 07:19:48 AM Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:25:08 PM by shmax
I don't know if its an error or if this item truly sold for $35 recently.  I'm new to shmax, and when I first added my optimus /wing sabre set, its value was listed as having the highest value in my collection at about $160. It is now showing a value equal to its original MSRP.
Perhaps someone really sold it for so little,  but eBay has a BIN for $270, so I thought id bring it to your attention to see if it is an error.
thank you for your time.

engledogg

Hi,

I'm assuming you're talking about this record:

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/1488/optimus_prime_wing_saber

Prices do fluctuate over time, but I see that there's something up with this record.

What happened here is that sometimes eBay sellers add things to their item titles (in order to get more hits on eBay) that may give us some inaccurate results.  In this case, the addition of "G1" caused one auction to be omitted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMERS-G1-CYBERTRON-GALAXY-FORCE-OPTIMUS-PRIME-WING-SABER-COSTCO-EXCLUSIVE-/300771811122?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4607659f32

Sold for $198.50...much better than $35.  :)

That $269.99 BIN (and any auction really) would only factor in if the item sells at that price.

Getting back to the $35...an item did sell at that price recently (20844677526), however, that's for a loose incomplete pair, possibly not even the Costco set, so I'm not sure why this would be reflected for a MISB version that's in your collection:

Purchased in Sealed condition on Sep 01, 2006 from retail, now worth $35.00.

Likely a bug...got any ideas on this one, shmax?  The loose values also seem a little wonky.

MISB    $35.00   $35.00   $35.00
Loose   $215   $215   $215

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

Egad, there was a bug, all right. I've fixed the bug so things will be correct going forward, but I still need to repair all the old data. I'll take a crack at it tonight. Thanks much for the report, guys.

Jazz 342

Thanks for the quick response!  This is a great program and I expect to be using it a lot in the foreseeable future.  Kudos to all the efforts put into it. You guys rock!

shmax

Thanks for the quick response!  This is a great program and I expect to be using it a lot in the foreseeable future.  Kudos to all the efforts put into it. You guys rock!

Spread the word, my friend. Spread the word.

shmax

I ran a script to recompute all the "conditions" for the data we have, so all should be back to normal. Thanks again, fellers.

Go Up