Photo of the Day: July 6, 2009

Started by shmax, July 06, 2009, 10:11:18 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

July 06, 2009, 10:11:18 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
[wrap=left:lxz7mpu6][/wrap:lxz7mpu6]Back when I was a kid, I loved three things: dinosaurs, robots, and UFOs. Come to think of it, I still love those things, but that only makes it more of a shame that I had to wait 35 years for a toy like Classics Grimlock to come along--I mean in another 20 or 30 years I'll be too old to play with toys ('course, by then we'll all have real robotic dinosaurs to ride around on). This particular specimen comes from the collection of Wallas (who is not only a great photographer, but a fine webmaster himself--see http://transformery.pl/news.php), and shows us what toy designers would have been working on back in the 70's instead of fooling around with Stretch Armstrong and Super Jock if I had been president. Let's review the strong points of this toy: 1) dinosaur. Check. 2) robot. Check. The only way it could be any better would be if it could also transform into a third UFO mode, or maybe kick a football when you smash down on its head, but it's never good to fly too close to the sun when you're made of plastic.

Go Up