Stop Hating on SHMAX Signatures!!

Started by Encore_Prime, July 12, 2009, 06:37:50 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Encore_Prime

July 12, 2009, 06:37:50 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I don't remember the name of the person that put that as their signature on TFW2005, but that's funny as hell. It said something about stop hating and deleting shmax signatures that aren't using their bandwidth. It was  nice.

I stopped using mine there after it got deleted a couple times. Really not sure what their problem is, this site isn't competition, it's an amazing database and collection resource that all TF fans should know about.

Guess they can't handle the awesome'ness that is Shmax!

Thanks again for the site man, everytime I add a new figure into my collection I'm reminded of what a great thing you've done for us collectors. *applause*
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=483" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=483</a>

shmax

July 12, 2009, 10:35:04 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Aww, that's sweet of ya, and I appreciate the support, but I don't really think they've singled us out--they "delete" plenty of other signatures as well. They're evidently just serious about the 40k thing. True, I'm hosting the images, but anyone viewing a thread with a lot of large signatures has to wait for them to load, so presumably they enforce this rule to preserve the appearance of a forum that is fast-loading. Can't blame them for that! That said, they do seem to have some kind of anti-shmax bias--a few weeks ago one of the New Mexico guys posted an item praising our new watchlist feature, and it was promptly deleted by their mods. *shrug* It's their site and they can do what they want, but I'm with you in wishing that other sites would stop thinking of shmax.com as "competition". To me shmax.com is just a nifty reference database with some extra bells and whistles--I don't even think of it as a "fan site". Thanks again for the support, and please keep spreading the word!

shmax

Quote from: "Malikon"
I don't remember the name of the person that put that as their signature on TFW2005, but that's funny as hell. It said something about stop hating and deleting shmax signatures that aren't using their bandwidth. It was  nice.

I stopped using mine there after it got deleted a couple times. Really not sure what their problem is, this site isn't competition, it's an amazing database and collection resource that all TF fans should know about.

Guess they can't handle the awesome'ness that is Shmax!

Thanks again for the site man, everytime I add a new figure into my collection I'm reminded of what a great thing you've done for us collectors. *applause*

Encore_Prime

July 13, 2009, 10:58:19 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Oh I do tell people about shmax, I think a couple of my students have signed up here.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=483" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=483</a>

LongHaul

July 13, 2009, 07:32:17 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I havent had any promblems yet with mine, i hope i dont either cause thats how i found out about this site and im LOVING IT!!!!
Now if i could just get my pictures figured out.......................
Ba-Waap-Granny-Kiddie....Ahhhh man WTF did he say, I have gone and forgotten that stuff already!

ampangbear

July 08, 2010, 11:38:26 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Hi...

Sorry to be bumping on an OLD topic, but I actually LOVE the SHMAX Signature "box". Could you kindly point me in the right direction for me to produce one of my own?

THanks!

shmax

July 09, 2010, 12:25:23 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Sure, just click on the "your signature" link in the "Membership" box, and follow the instructions. Enjoy!

ampangbear

July 09, 2010, 12:36:00 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
THANKS!
Will do that!

ampangbear

July 11, 2010, 08:09:05 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Wow!

Took me a FEW days, JUST to update my collections...
(actually trying to look for them, and searching for them in my Excel file records...)
Haha, anyway, THANKS again for the help!

shmax

July 11, 2010, 08:25:29 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Congratulations on finishing! Traditionally, the next step is to submit lots of photos, but you probably could have guessed that. ;)

Go Up